10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did! honestly thought he was poor. not for a lack of trying, but felt like more of the "tries to do something and fails" thing.

but maybe i'm pissed at him for that absolutely insane timing to pick a random fight with a palace player, 95th minute with 30 seconds to go.
I agree that at the end was infuriating

Not much quality anywhere on the pitch tonight, all our players were more work rate than skill and Grealish no exception to that.

But I like that when we're up against it, he digs deep and shows a little fire (as long as he stays on the right side of any need for disciplinary action, which he seems to be able to do). And although it wasn't always going his way, he was always looking to keep the ball, progress it forwards, get it into dangerous positions.

We've spent £100m on an elite chance-creator, but we don't have an elite (or even just a good) chance-finisher. So it's going to be frustrating, for him and us.

Luckily he's used to creating chances for a fairly lacklustre Villa forward line, so he's no stranger to seeing potential assist after potential assist going begging.

We get even a half-decent striker, his impact is going to go through the roof.

Not much quality anywhere on the pitch tonight, all our players were more work rate than skill and Grealish no exception to that.

But I like that when we're up against it, he digs deep and shows a little fire (as long as he stays on the right side of any need for disciplinary action, which he seems to be able to do). And although it wasn't always going his way, he was always looking to keep the ball, progress it forwards, get it into dangerous positions.

We've spent £100m on an elite chance-creator, but we don't have an elite (or even just a good) chance-finisher. So it's going to be frustrating, for him and us.

Luckily he's used to creating chances for a fairly lacklustre Villa forward line, so he's no stranger to seeing potential assist after potential assist going begging.

We get even a half-decent striker, his impact is going to go through the roof.
Just gonna cost us another 50+ mill then to get the best out of the 100 mill already spent

21st century Rodney Marsh.

Shoehorning him into the the starting 11 is going to/has cost us the title.

The transfer fee aside, he offers fuck all

Great player when he has space to exploit not so good against teams who sit in with a deep block. Still can’t believe we paid 100 mil for him

His one-on-one is not good enough. He is constantly making the same movement, everyone knows he is going to his right side because he never uses his left foot. He must change and go left sometimes.
Any way I think he should play in the middle, he will be much more effective in the middle than on the wing

Just gonna cost us another 50+ mill then to get the best out of the 100 mill already spent
You buy a world-class keeper but your centre-backs are dodgy, the keeper does his best but you still concede too many until you sort the defence out.

You buy a world-class striker but your midfielders don't get the ball up to him in the right positions, he tries his best and he makes some goals out of nothing, but he's never going to reach his potential until you get some players on the pitch who are on his level and can get the ball to him in the right place and time.

It's a team game. It's all about partnerships and relationships all over the pitch. Everyone has a role to play and all the cogs work together.

Grealish's whole game is about being the guy on one end of the chances. Without someone who knows how to be on the other end of them, a lot of those chances are going to go begging.

I think he gives us composure, drive and creativity in a combination that we don't otherwise have in that position. I like his ball retention and progression. I don't think it's been an amazing first season so far, but I think he's been decent and getting better.

But we had a striker problem when we bought him, and we didn't buy him to solve it, and we didn't buy anyone else to solve it either. It's not his fault he's not a striker, nor is it his fault that there's no striker there to finish the chances he creates.

Looking more and more like a vanity signing , we didnt need a left sided creative player we have several who play that position very well , he's an excellent player but at the fee we paid he has to take games by the scruff of the neck and be a match winner.
Can't fault his effort but either Foden or Sterling playing on the left will create and score more goals , Jack single handedly won games for Vila but has not done it in a blue shirt , no doubt he will settle down and contribute more in the next twelve months but we need something different now on the left to keep our title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.