10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the back of thrashing the Rags i can understand us getting giddy about the team's performanc, but in the interest of balance, If you assess his seasons performance objectively, he rarely has a major influence on games. Ok he occupies defenders on the wing and sometimes contributes well in the build up to goal chances. He wins lots of free kicks, but he does not score enough goals or create enough assists to justify the really daft fee. He's 27 now and should be in his prime . He's good to watch and no doubt a 'character' in the dressing room but i'm not convinced he's one for us in long term. Do i win the miserable bastard of the night award ?
He is doing exactly what Pep is asking him to do (you said yourself occupying defenders on the wing) - he is going it better that Sterling did, for example, as he is looking dangerous and not losing the ball every time he touches it. Agree he can do more, and he is game by game this year doing more. Look at Jesus' comments last week about playing within the Pep system and being "free" to understand the roles players have in the team.

As far as the fee is concerned not sure why anyone is even interested, he didn't set the fee, its in the past, its what players contribute game by game whether they cost £15m or £100m. Leave the fee comparisons to the press and opposition fans.

He is doing exactly what Pep is asking him to do (you said yourself occupying defenders on the wing) - he is going it better that Sterling did, for example, as he is looking dangerous and not losing the ball every time he touches it. Agree he can do more, and he is game by game this year doing more. Look at Jesus' comments last week about playing within the Pep system and being "free" to understand the roles players have in the team.

As far as the fee is concerned not sure why anyone is even interested, he didn't set the fee, its in the past, its what players contribute game by game whether they cost £15m or £100m. Leave the fee comparisons to the press and opposition fans.
He had a great game yesterday, his best in a blue shirt I thought.

On the back of thrashing the Rags i can understand us getting giddy about the team's performanc, but in the interest of balance, If you assess his seasons performance objectively, he rarely has a major influence on games. Ok he occupies defenders on the wing and sometimes contributes well in the build up to goal chances. He wins lots of free kicks, but he does not score enough goals or create enough assists to justify the really daft fee. He's 27 now and should be in his prime . He's good to watch and no doubt a 'character' in the dressing room but i'm not convinced he's one for us in long term. Do i win the miserable bastard of the night award ?
Surely those things you've listed after saying he doesnt have a major influence on games are exactly prime examples of the major influence he has on the games though? Does it really matter if he doesn't score that many? We just put 6 past United and who cares how the goals are shared around. The main thing is we ran rings around and passed them to death in the build to those goals and I'd say Grealish was very present in those moves.

Well, I'm popping you on Ignore for that clueless analysis, if that helps. And assessing him on his "season's performance"? He's been injured for most of it and hardly played. Only a couple of games back and playing like he did yesterday seems worthy of a bit more respect, IMO.

All right, all right, but apart from occupying defenders on the wing, contributing in the build up, winning lots of free kicks, being good to watch, and being a good character in the dressing room, what has Jack Grealish done for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.