10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the team is just better with him in it.
6 starts out of 14 in the league.
14th in the squad for minutes played but ahead of Mahrez and Alvarez.

He's been a squad player for all of calendar year 2022. Post-world cup and the mad schedule in 2023 I bet we see much more of him and ample playing time to prove himself fully to Pep and move up the rotation.

Yep.

Like the "dropping points when Grealish hasn't played" stat above, correlation does not imply causation and there are multiple other factors.

I've also seen it on here (I think on here but might have been elsewhere) that last season we did better in the league with him rather than without him. Simply, that's false information.

22 games he started we were W15 D5 L2 (ppg 2.27)
18 games he didn't start we were W14 D1 L1 (ppg 2.68)

Again, correlation isn't causation so a case of "so what" for me.
I am pretty sure we did not play 40 games in the league last season.

Thanks.

Slight typo - original post edited to read as below. Point still holds.

22 games he started we were W15 D5 L2 (ppg 2.27)
16 games he didn't start we were W14 D1 L1 (ppg 2.68)
Got it.

We got ppg ~2.45 last season. If a player got ppg slightly above or below 2.45 within 0.5 point difference it is expected because we rarely lose/draw game.

However this season in PL the difference with/without Grealish on the pitch is too massive. He has 3 ppg and we get ~1.33 without his involvement. ~1.7 when he did not start. In statistics ppg difference more than 1 point with/without is HUGE, more than 1.5 point it is just ridiculous.

General speaking if a player has such a stats, he is either extremely relied by the team or his replacement is very poor, or both. Team would be advised to purchase a better sub for this player to avoid overlay relying on him.

Apparently I don't think Jack is doing that excellent.

Then the reason must be that his replacement's overall contribution to the team very poor - commonly it is usually someone good in attacking but lack in defensive contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.