10 PL clubs would have made a profit last year....

Only because City had 13 months expenditure included and therefore only recorded a very small profit.
Wasnt match day income about £50 mill and only a £1 mill profit, so 13 months would have made some difference but not enough to make us profitable with no matchday income.

Wasnt match day income about £50 mill and only a £1 mill profit, so 13 months would have made some difference but not enough to make us profitable with no matchday income.
Possibly not. We’ll be able to know about last season in the next few months when we release our accounts.

Possibly not. We’ll be able to know about last season in the next few months when we release our accounts.
Yes, although, and this is total guessing from me. I get the impression last summer increased our amortised figure and profit won't be that big this year either, though we had the Amazon money but that was for one year only.
It seems we didn't want a big net spend this summer, but I'm sure Pep suggested a bigger spend next summer somewhere. Maybe they are waiting for the new kit deal to kick in which we know will be guaranteed for a few years before increasing the outgoings again. Maybe then we'll approach not needing matchday income to break even.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.