10 Women who made it happen / Kath Clarke RIP (P2)

Kippax Debbie, she wasn't averse to getting stuck in for the cause.

Kath Clarke absolutely must be in this list if Janice Monk et al are in there. Kath's dedication to City is often overlooked because her husband was a player, but if you bought the programme this season dig out my 2 part interview with her. She has made a major contribution to the Blues since her arrival in 1947 and still attends. I can't think of a woman with a more significant contribution to MCFC over such a long period, but I'd be delighted if we find others with that same level of involvement over 60 years plus.

nw42 said:
Kippax Debbie, she wasn't averse to getting stuck in for the cause.
Always remember a group of girls on the football specials in the early 70s,crombie coats,boots,all looked the part tough fackers.

0.jpg

Makes it happen for me!

Kath Clarke absolutely must be in this list if Janice Monk et al are in there. Kath's dedication to City is often overlooked because her husband was a player, but if you bought the programme this season dig out my 2 part interview with her. She has made a major contribution to the Blues since her arrival in 1947 and still attends. I can't think of a woman with a more significant contribution to MCFC over such a long period, but I'd be delighted if we find others with that same level of involvement over 60 years plus.

Sadly, Kath died last Friday, at the age of 90. She continued to attend games until those last few weeks before her death. This weekend's match programme will carry a piece on her I've written. I still believe she's contributed more to MCFC over a period of 68 years than any other woman.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.