100% Blue boozer tomorrow

I moved to walkden last year and the local boozer is full of rags.....this was re-enforced during the charity shield (1st time i had been in)when I was the only blue in the pub ( yes I know we got beat but when the 2nd went in I was screaming like a looney...they must of thought I was hard as nails or a nutcase lol.....guess where I will be tomorrow and when we win I might just sit there with a smug look on my mush. Unless anyone knows any blue pubs in walkden or farnworth ,if anyone knows of any give me a pointer please<br /><br />-- Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 pm --<br /><br />I moved to walkden last year and the local boozer is full of rags.....this was re-enforced during the charity shield (1st time i had been in)when I was the only blue in the pub ( yes I know we got beat but when the 2nd went in I was screaming like a looney...they must of thought I was hard as nails or a nutcase lol.....guess where I will be tomorrow and when we win I might just sit there with a smug look on my mush. Unless anyone knows any blue pubs in walkden or farnworth ,if anyone knows of any give me a pointer please

^^

Know how you feel mate I was at the Boundary Stone in Ellenbrook when Rooney scored his shinned goal. Pub was full to the brim of United supporters, but I along with about 3 other blues went mental when David scored that scrappy tap in...got a few looks I must admit.

About non-Rag pubs in Walkden area you'd struggle as it's sandwiched in between Bolton and Salford. If I were to recommend any on personal experience though I'd have to say either the Boundary Stone in Ellenbrook as I just mentioned (Decent pub never much trouble, and they've got a bit of a beer garden so will be decent if it's sunny/we get the right result) or the Dun Mare pub up towards 4 Lane Ends, every time I walk past there's hardly anyone one in due to the fact it's a bit out of the way and they always play the matches. Any other pub will be guaranteed full of the armchair supporters.

I know it's a red pub, but there's about 12 of us going in The White Horse on Worsley Rd, on the Swinton / Worsley border.

Been in there to watch City 3 times now, and the number of blues going in has gradually increased.

So, not saying it will be rag-free, but should be a few blues in good voice, making our presence felt!!

borassic said:
The Nelson, Didsbury.

Sssshhh - it's busy enough already without shouting out to everyone else.

Can't get down til 12:30 because of work, worried if the 3 of us will be able to get in by then!!!!

I was in a pub on Merseyside for the Swamp derby a few years back. When united scored the place erupted- Full of southern student rags studying at the local uni!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.