100 Years of a MCFC Attendance Record Today!

Gary James

Today is the 100th anniversary of a record attendance set by MCFC and, believe it or not, the Blues still hold the record for a crowd on an English club ground as they beat their record in 1934. Follow the link for the story. A century of record crowds! Spread the word to all doubters or those who try to mock.

Today is the 100th anniversary of a record attendance set by MCFC and, believe it or not, the Blues still hold the record for a crowd on an English club ground as they beat their record in 1934. Follow the link for the story. A century of record crowds! Spread the word to all doubters or those who try to mock.

Hate to be pedantic, but the record for a crowd at an English club ground was the 1913 FA Cup final at Crystal Palace’s ground. The Maine Road record is for a match at a home team’s own club ground.

Hate to be pedantic, but the record for a crowd at an English club ground was the 1913 FA Cup final at Crystal Palace’s ground. The Maine Road record is for a match at a home team’s own club ground.

I’m not sure it was their ground as such though. I think they were tenants in a similar way to Tottenham were at Wembley.

Early mentions of the ground seem to all refer to it as The FA Cup Final ground, inside the Crystal Palace Exhibition Building.

We as City fans know we have a glorious history, every club that has existed has history, the people who peddle the 'no history' mantra haven't a fucking clue what it's like to support a football club whether it's Mansfield or Manchester City, we all have that HISTORY...
People who say we have no history, and believe it to be true, have no football knowledge. It really is as simple as that.

I’m not sure it was their ground as such though. I think they were tenants in a similar way to Tottenham were at Wembley.

Early mentions of the ground seem to all refer to it as The FA Cup Final ground, inside the Crystal Palace Exhibition Building.

Palace came about like Liverpool. The owners of the stadium created Palace as they wanted a team of their own playing there.

Palace came about like Liverpool. The owners of the stadium created Palace as they wanted a team of their own playing there.
Chelsea was another club that was created because a bloke owned a ground and wanted to make money from it. I always find it funny when LFC fans talk about money in football and try to make out their club is different. MCFC was established via community interest and representing the people of Manchester; LFC created to make money!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.