10pm pubs shut Saturday 26th september

The Fat el Hombre

So boris shutting the pubs at 10pm since last night. Saw a video on twitter last night of people in London piling onto the streets at booting out time and off to the tube or whatever. Ive got a few emails since it was announced advertising bottomless brunches in town. The summer is over but there's a bit of sun so people may be giving it the big one from early doors to make the most of it. What's propels thoughts on it?

I’ve always been a bit of a drinker.

Not at home during the week but always used to have a few pints on a Friday after work at the local and be on it all day/night at the footy on a Saturday.

Since March, in six months, I’ve had six cans of Guinness and four Old Fashioneds. That’s it.

I have no interest in going to the pub or going out drinking until things go back to normal.

I'm usually out in town most of the day on a Saturday anyway having a few beers , although i'm usually back home for nine or ten o clock ....

i see that the students at owens park , fallowfield, decided to hold a large outdoor rave party there last night .. starting at 1am in the morning!.

That was until the cops got wind of it, showed up, took all their music equipment, and ruined their night !!

party-1-1300x700.png

Last edited:
Been to loads of bars and restaurants since it reopened. Going for an Italian tomorrow. Never once felt unsafe. Why?

Because the venues are safe and are complying. You could not say the same for a house party, hence the ban.

Been to loads of bars and restaurants since it reopened. Going for an Italian tomorrow. Never once felt unsafe. Why?

Because the venues are safe and are complying. You could not say the same for a house party, hence the ban.

That's right ..... i was in around six or seven bars last Saturday and they were all practising the safe measures , and most of the people in those places were respectful of the trouble that the bars were taking to satisfy the governments measures and didn't crowd other people or the staff , and the passing police just kept their distance and didn't bother anyone..... but i realise that late at night it can be a far different story in some places, which is no doubt why these latest restrictions have been brought in.

Last edited:
I think the govt has for once got something right. They have re-opened pubs and kept them open because they realise that we all like being in one and we like boozing beer on them. All they have said is 'get drunk but get home before it gets daft and dont mix with other daft people too late'. Ill take that

I think the govt has for once got something right. They have re-opened pubs and kept them open because they realise that we all like being in one and we like boozing beer on them. All they have said is 'get drunk but get home before it gets daft and dont mix with other daft people too late'. Ill take that
‘Get drunk but get home before it gets daft’
There will be queues to get into the pubs in the morning. The amount of people you will see shitfaced at tea time from tomorrow.
Bad idea in my opinion this 10.00pm shite.

So boris shutting the pubs at 10pm since last night. Saw a video on twitter last night of people in London piling onto the streets at booting out time and off to the tube or whatever. Ive got a few emails since it was announced advertising bottomless brunches in town. The summer is over but there's a bit of sun so people may be giving it the big one from early doors to make the most of it. What's propels thoughts on it?

well - as a propel lol - it did make me think of what I have seen about Australia - they used to shut bars at 6pm when people - or propels lol - to indulge in the "6 o'clock swill" when the finished work at 5pm. Thats where the Aussie hard drinking legend comes from - the streets were full of people pissed up folk at half six. I fear the 10pm curfew will just mean an early start for folks who will pack in as much as they can stomach 'till 10.

Reactions: kbb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.