11 | Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Twitter:
Watch Zinchenko play for Man City and you're not sure he's absolute top level, then you see him play among Ukraine and Scotland players and you realise the level it takes to play for Man City
That is definetly the case.

Tbf you often see that with other City players, especially for England.

Almost like he's a really fucking talented player and some of the big mouths on here wouldn't know where to find one if it crawled our of their arsehole.
People need to remember that when he's playing for us it's predominantly not in his preferred position and he's being judged alongside people like KdB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Rodri etc, etc, etc.

He was dog shit against West Ham away, but then was the catalyst for the fight back against Villa.

I'm sure he'd command a starting position in the midfield of the vast majority of Prem teams.

Fair play to him for staying and fighting for his place in a very, very talented squad.

As of today, Manchester City historical records show that Zinchenko has made 128 appearances for City since 2017, the vast majority as left back. Whether we think he is good bad or indifferent and whatever his own and Ukraine's preferences, can we stop claiming he is not "a real left back", the facts are that for City he is and has been.

The worst thing about football forums is that anyone can have an opinion.
I have read for years that Zinchenko is not good enough to be a squad player. Pep has clearly disagreed with those having that opinion.
There may come a time that Zinc wishes to move on either for a new challenge or to play in midfield.
Great professional, real team player and a massive credit to himself and his country.

I love Zinchenko to bits. I've replied to a number of posts regards his attitude and fight which are superb!!
Sorry though he's not a replacement for Fern as he's simply too small for that role.
I desperately want him to stay, but he'll go back to an excellent squad player if we sign a LB. It may be he feels slightly wasted doing so.
If he chooses to leave he's assured of an excellent reception whenever he plays at the Etihad
Fernandinho 5' 10", Zin 5' 9" not much difference there, but Zin does appear to have a slighter lighter frame, although I expect ability will determine if he gets a shot at a midfield role.

Fernandinho 5' 10", Zin 5' 9" not much difference there, but Zin does appear to have a slighter lighter frame, although I expect ability will determine if he gets a shot at a midfield role.
You dont get much lighter than Dinho,he's about 10 stone wet through.

As the old saying goes,its not the size of the dog in the fight......

People need to remember that when he's playing for us it's predominantly not in his preferred position and he's being judged alongside people like KdB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Rodri etc, etc, etc.
He's also following the instructions from Pep, I think people underestimate that influence, he'll be allowed to do things for Ukraine that Pep would not allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.