115 Goals so far, 29 more to take that record.

Re: 110 Goals so far, 34 more to take that record.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
It must have been entertaining watching Peterborough notch up 134 goals, little out of our reach I think, to break the 143 goals would be sweet seeing Utd hold that record. It is just unbelievable seeing these records broken and I can see us setting records that just will not be broken again.

Saying that a 1-0 win at Tottenham will be acceptable :)

That's some record Peterborough have got there.

I had also read that the current record goals in all competitions record is held by Busby's 1956/57 team. Given that there were less games then does anyone have any idea why the record has stood for so long? It would be a very sweet record to take

cavendishblue said:
I had also read that the current record goals in all competitions record is held by Busby's 1956/57 team. Given that there were less games then does anyone have any idea why the record has stood for so long? It would be a very sweet record to take

They played 56 games (not counting Charity Shield) for 143 goals = 2.55 goals per game average.
Interestingly, they scored 103 in the League, one less than 2nd placed Spurs.

Just had a look about and since the PL started the highest in all comps is Chelsea in 09-10 (when they did the League and FA Cup double) with 142 goals in total comps (55 games (38 Premier League, 8 UEFA Champions League, 3 Football League Cup, 6 FA Cup))

PL 103
CL : 12
FAC: 17
LC : 8

ianw16 said:
cavendishblue said:

They played 56 games (not counting Charity Shield) for 143 goals = 2.55 goals per game average.
Interestingly, they scored 103 in the League, one less than 2nd placed Spurs.
That gives united an average of 2.45 in the league vs our (so far) 2.86 in the league only.
And 2.55 average over all games for them and 3.05 for us.

Cake walk...

cleavers said:
cavendishblue said:
Given that there were less games then does anyone have any idea why the record has stood for so long? It would be a very sweet record to take
Probably because no-one has scored that many since ;o)

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with such an informative answer.

cavendishblue said:
cleavers said:
cavendishblue said:
Given that there were less games then does anyone have any idea why the record has stood for so long? It would be a very sweet record to take

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with such an informative answer.

the real reason is defenders don't drink so much since the early 90s (bar Adams) and between the 50s and 90s strikers drank too much.

cleavers said:
cavendishblue said:

Made me chuckle :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.