#13 | Zack Steffen - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, he's too good to be a backup.
No, is right he's a backup at this moment. May be a starter for a lot of teams but if he aspires to be at the very top level he needs to stay at a bigger setup like ours and learn the trade from the best. Cannot do that while playing for midtable Bundesliga clubs or else.

Yeah I wonder if he will stay next season.

At his age, he needs far more regular time.
It's different with keepers compared to outfield players. Keepers learn better from coaching and practicing, modern footy barely involves them in the game if the team is doing good. Lots of examples, look at Martinez for one, all those years of being a reserve/backup at Arsenal then finally seniority with luck, one good season and earned a move to Villa, where he's also done well largely.

It's different with keepers compared to outfield players. Keepers learn better from coaching and practicing, modern footy barely involves them in the game if the team is doing good. Lots of examples, look at Martinez for one, all those years of being a reserve/backup at Arsenal then finally seniority with luck, one good season and earned a move to Villa, where he's also done well largely.
Right, so it's only a matter of time.

I could see him staying next season at best to have 2 years, but he won't be here for long.

By my count, would probably start for at least six PL sides. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.