City fined over £2m by PL | Sanction agreed for 22 breaches relating to ko delays

bot really bothered by this. big headline. but sounds like it's a genuine rule and we've broken it. then been fined. done and dusted so nothing to see here.

tbf there is no excuse for being late.

if other clubs have done the same i'm sure they'll be done in due course.

i think palace were fined last year. not sure though.

if a fan of another club raises it to me and just say, "yeah and?"
Should be easy enough to find out if other clubs have turned up for the second half late on a regular basis. If that is the case this fine is clearly discriminatory.

Don't our games have the ball in play in more than any other team in the league?
We should have argued that we can't start a little later because there won't be much injury time.

Seems pep needs to get his goalie to go down 10 mins into the second half to give a team talk because that is fine seeing as Arteta did for 90% of his games last season!

Funny teams can cheat waste as much time as they want but coming out for second half a few minutes late you get fined 100k

What I want to know is how the Premier League let it get to 22 times before they did anything about it. I feel like if someone breaks the rules 22 times before any sort of punishment, you have to take a look at the referee. When we came out late for a CL game a while ago, I’m pretty sure the fine was in the post the next week.

What I want to know is how the Premier League let it get to 22 times before they did anything about it.
From what I've read (between the lines) in this thread it appears that they haven't!

They've fined us regularly over the two seasons as and when the offences have occurred.

It's apparently just some (probably scouse) journalist/analyst who's compiled the list and brought it to the attention of the masses in a sensationalist way which appears like a £2m fine has suddenly been slapped onto our desk when in fact it's not.

It's just another "look at what City have been up to - bet nobody knew this" tabloid article from what I can make out, bit like that "look how City move the ball before a free-kick - they do it more than everybody else" nonsense (which conveniently came to light 1 week after the football world were in uproar about Toney wiping away the foam and moving the ball for a free-kick he scored from - convenient eh?).

If we had some paid shills in the media who could be arsed to dredge through two years worth of match reports in order to compile a list for other clubs I'd assume that many, many of those other clubs' fines would look relatively similar, but there's no traction in doing that as it's a non-story and wouldn't generate the clicks.

Just another way to get the masses to foam at the mouth and light their torches and get their pitchforks out.

Didn't you know we're the only ones who "cheat"? ;)

Last edited:
Crystal Palace have been done for the same thing previously. City haven't been fined all this in one go, each time we have been late the fine has been increased from the previous fine. Just need some better timekeeping, although in the grand scheme of things 2m is peanuts.
Palace though got a 220k fine with 70k suspended for 14 charges, over 2 million for 22 charges seems extremely excessive compared to the punishment given to Palace

From what I've read (between the lines) in this thread it appears that they haven't!

They've fined us regularly over the two seasons as and when the offences have occurred.

It's apparently just some (probably scouse) journalist/analyst who's compiled the list and brought it to the attention of the masses in a sensationalist way which appears like a £2m fine has suddenly been slapped onto our desk when in fact it's not.

It's just another "look at what City have been up to - bet nobody knew this" tabloid article from what I can make out, bit like that "look how City move the ball before a free-kick - they do it more than everybody else" nonsense.

If we had some paid shills in the media who could be arsed to dredge through two years worth of match reports in order to compile a list for other clubs I'd assume that many, many of those other clubs' fines would look relatively similar, but there's no traction in doing that as it's a non-story and wouldn't generate the clicks.

Just another way to get the masses to foam at the mouth and light their torches and get their pitchforks out.

Didn't you know we're the only ones who "cheat"? ;)

If that's the case why don't city have word with a city reporter give them the option to put an article out and say we wasn't just fined 2m we were fined like other clubs a few weeks later! And it's proof that sky media for one don't do research and just put up any paper headline!

Palace though got a 220k fine with 70k suspended for 14 charges, over 2 million for 22 charges seems extremely excessive compared to the punishment given to Palace
The fine gets higher with each breach, therefore, as we have the most breaches, our fine will be higher than everyone elses. Load of nonsense but we have said sorry and moved on apparently. We seem to be The Premier League’s cash cow at times, someone has to pay their legal bills!!

Maybe this is some sort of compromise because they know they have nothing on us regarding the 115 so they want to show the watching world of red cunts how tough they are on us, before we are cleared on the big charges

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.