City fined over £2m by PL | Sanction agreed for 22 breaches relating to ko delays

Guardiola was asked about the fine ahead of facing Chelsea in a friendly in Colombus, Ohio. He said: ‘I just read it in the news. I would try to do my speeches at half-time shorter.’
Yes and that's my point. Why hasn't someone at the club mentioned it before to him ? After the first couple of times he should have been told so he was aware and could do something about it. Money dripping out of the club needlessly looks bad when we then start asking blue badge holders to start paying for parking at the stadium.

Fucking grass’. Snitches get stitches, need a slap while asleep on the train.

It's a sort of random disconnected comment which I have seen occasionally across various threads, but which I only, finally, understood earlier today after stumbling across this fairly hilarious thread in classics, started 13 years ago..!!

It's a sort of random disconnected comment which I have seen occasionally across various threads, but which I only, finally, understood earlier today after stumbling across this fairly hilarious thread in classics, started 13 years ago..!!

Cheers, I kinda get it now :D Missed some of this thread due to the ignore button, but like I say, get it now :D
Sarcasm :) Funny :) Cheers for the thread link. Read about 10 pages.

We all (given the 'right' circumstances) get stressed and angry a bit too much and a bit too easily these days, it happens.

I get that, but it's like getting pulled over for speeding when everyone is speeding and complaining, asking why no one else got caught too. We got caught. Pay the fine.

Why did we get mentioned and no one else? Take it as a compliment. What's that Oscar Wilde comment about nothing worse than being talked about, than not being talked about!
If you can reasonably show and attest that the reason you were speeding was because the cars behind and in front were speeding, therein forcing you to speed in order to drive safely, you can get your fine invalidated. So actually, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say in both circumstances.

Although they are not equivalent scenarios. There isn't any way of selecting out some speeders over others, for example. Nor a motive to do so.

Of course you would be angry if others are getting away with something. Even if you allegedly did it too. It doesn't make it any better that only you are getting "punished" as it were. It's not justice, it's not right, and it is part of a wider pattern where the governance of our beloved game is rotten to the core.

The rules should be the same for everyone. That is an absolute minimum. We are treated differently on FFP, and we're being treated differently on this.

And as an aside, where is their proof that these events even happened? Surely as fans actually in the stadium, we would notice if one team was ready to kick off and another wasn't.

Should we all start chanting 'Why are we waiting'... when the 15 minutes is up'?

Ohhh no there would be no point as, according to reports, people don't come back to their seats until after we've kicked off again anyway. ;-)

EDIT: When do they start counting from anyway? Is it the second the referee blows the whistle, is it when the last player leaves the pitch, is it when they close the dressing room door after all players and officials are in there?

Yes and that's my point. Why hasn't someone at the club mentioned it before to him ? After the first couple of times he should have been told so he was aware and could do something about it. Money dripping out of the club needlessly looks bad when we then start asking blue badge holders to start paying for parking at the stadium.
Set up a Blue club stop clock in the dressing room. 10 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.