#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing Stones back in form but does anyone else want to see what in form Laporte and Dias partnership looks like in terms of team balance?
That will most probably happen in time but for now Dias and Stones play so well together. Makes me wonder how Ake can break through. I think his best chance is at LB because that position is up for grabs right now.

Great to have him back. Really needs to step up now.

Would like to see him get out of this moaning, hard done to and soft attitude too. That sort of attitude is so last season

Fairly certain Pep will try him in Zinc's position/Walkers role, basically playing 3 at the back and giving Cancelo freedom to attack and tuck into midfield.Stone right, Dias in the middle, Laporte left could be great. Would also give Stonesy and Aymeric even more freedom to advance forward with the ball to break lines which they are both very good at

He has a certain physicality to his game that we definitely benefit from at some point.

That will most probably happen in time but for now Dias and Stones play so well together. Makes me wonder how Ake can break through. I think his best chance is at LB because that position is up for grabs right now.
Had Pep known that Stones would get his game back on track to the extent he has, i don’t think we would have signed him.

Not going to be easy for him that’s for sure although Laporte has been poor all season for me when he has played. He is another who probably needs a run of games.

Great to have him back. Not going to judge him too much until he plays alongside someone half decent.
Garcia was decent. If you would not judge. Don't do so coz he just returned from a long layoff. But not because of who played alongside him. They didn't make him over hit simple sideline passes to Foden. Sometimes your errors are simply yours.

He should gets a pass, I agree. But not coz he played with bad players. No disrespect to the opponents, but considering Eric's qualities, they shouldn't bother his game if he were playing with my Nana and her Bingo friends as his teammates,

It’s a really odd situation this. Before his injury, he would have walked into any team in Europe. I want him to stay here but I don’t like unnecessary rotation at CB and at the moment, as you say, he doesn’t get in the side. If someone had said to me at the start of the season that he would be behind Stones in the pecking order, I would have thought they were on glue.
Why would there be rotation? Why do folks feel Laporte is owed something. Is there a clause in his contract I'm unaware of?

Barringr an injury or game congestion he'll be on the bench until his performances are better than those of the Starters.

i love Laporte too. But no one owes him game time.

I love seeing Stones back in form but does anyone else want to see what in form Laporte and Dias partnership looks like in terms of team balance?
Only if Stones loses form. I mean folks acting like they can tell. Let me be clear.

Johns Current form is better than anything we've seen from Laporte. The fear is that he can't keep it up. If he does, Laporte can't move him at Larpote's best.

Fairly certain Pep will try him in Zinc's position/Walkers role, basically playing 3 at the back and giving Cancelo freedom to attack and tuck into midfield.Stone right, Dias in the middle, Laporte left could be great. Would also give Stonesy and Aymeric even more freedom to advance forward with the ball to break lines which they are both very good at
Wasn't that what sort of happened once Mendy got yanked?

I think Ake's more likely to take up that role on the left when he's fit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.