#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 2 years has proved that 3 top class CBs are necessary to cover injuries and loss of form, preferably 4
Add to that the fixture pile up and having a spare can mean someone having a break now and then
Couldn't agree more - especially since one top CB is likely to be injured or to experience a temporary drop in form.

Hopefully Dias, Stones and Laporte can live with some sort of rotation - not always starting in big big games. I'd hate to lose any of them.

Weird performance. Good moments for sure but a few times he looked like he was unfamiliar with things.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a class player and we've seen far more dramatic returns to form at City under Pep.

I'd say he was more than a bit rusty. Thought he was all over the place defencively and passing. Foden, sterling, rodri, cancelo all got frustrated with him he passed to no one so many times.

He'll be back, he's class. But he's a rotation player at the moment and no indication that should change.

It’s incredible how people do divide and fall isn’t it?

He’s a class player and we are fortunate to have 3 CBs of the standard we do. He will play a lot of games, the congestion of fixtures will see to that.

Thought he played well tonight, couple misplaced passes, but otherwise sound.

To think that for the last few seasons he's supposedly been our everything, but he's now a bit part player. Never would've saw that coming. Shaping up to be eerily similar to winning the title with KDB being a non-entity in 2018/19.

Goes to show that it's rarely the personnel. They're the pawns in this game. Managers and football administrations cop the heat for losses, and rightly so.

good to see him back a bit, he's needs minutes to stay sharp. He was all over the shop for the Everton goal, completely out of position for the cross and then didnt react when it came back in. This comes with being on the bench so much probably, so it's good he is getting game time heading towards the important end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.