#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very gifted CB. But wants to be a first choice starter. We haven't played with a back three much with Pep - have we?

I could easily see Laporte - Dias - Stones as a back 3 should we ever set up that way. Perhaps a back 3 preferred formation might convince Laporte to stay. But, such a talented player deserves to start regularly - I'm not sure that this opportunity exists for him at Man City. Likely he'll move on.

4 years left on his contract, so we are good to keep him but the thing is does he want to rise to the challenge of returning to being the first defender on the team sheet?

I don't think he came back from his injury in good form and bar the odd good game he has not been anywhere near the standard he was.

Stones/Dias are the current best pairing, Laporte is a cracking rotation option as in theory there should be hardly any drop in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.