15 years ago today..

I have always admired the professionalism of their acquisition and ownership of our club.

However, I hope the team that did the due diligence on ‘someone who we believe to be the best young British manager’ got a right bollocking. Unless of course they thought all young British managers were shite and could only manage in the 4th division at, say, Bradford.

"I should perhaps also explain that despite what you may have read, I have bought the club in a private capacity and as part of my personal business strategy to hold a wide portfolio of business investments."

Maybe some of the so-called journalists and pundits of the 'nation state' mentality should be reminded of this quote from SM's letter just prior to the takeover.

"I should perhaps also explain that despite what you may have read, I have bought the club in a private capacity and as part of my personal business strategy to hold a wide portfolio of business investments."

Maybe some of the so-called journalists and pundits of the 'nation state' mentality should be reminded of this quote from SM's letter just prior to the takeover.
He actually wrote: “The state has bought the club as a sportswashing exercise. We expect to cheat our way to multiple trophies. Where is Manchester?”

He surfaced at Portsmouth soon after IIRC?
I don't think he was running the show as that was Gaydamark but he was around for a while.
Proper embarrassing gobshite, announcing we were signing every Tom, Dick and Harry.
A bit like your average Rag really.

Sulaiman al-fahim his name was. Ive got a 500£ million note with his mush on at home somewhere haha

Sulaiman al-fahim his name was. Ive got a 500£ million note with his mush on at home somewhere haha
That’s the fella. Well done
The thing is he was right. We did sign lots of top players and we are the best team in the world. That’s what was so ironic about it.
Fair play to our owners. Yes that was the plan but they realised quickly that we should not be brash about it.
I remember thinking when they were talking of bringing FFP in. I bet he was part of the reason.

He actually wrote: “The state has bought the club as a sportswashing exercise. We expect to cheat our way to multiple trophies. Where is Manchester?”
That's how it sounds to the WhatsApp wankers but none of them can think for themselves or string a coherent sentence together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.