#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Rodri should convert to CB? I mean he's 24, has the time to convert, has the height and strength for that position whilst not possessing the speed (not something you get better at) which seems to be his biggest weakness. Vinny was a midfielder when he joined us.
Been saying it for months. Agreed.

Genuinely Rodri has to be the most baffling signing we've made under Pep. What was the reasoning behind getting him? How could our scouts not see that a slow, immobile CDM cannot be the single pivot in this system.

Baffling isn't it.

So many bad buys

Or at least buying players who don't fit the system.

Take him out of the team and we are back to square one with a lack of height and physical presence in midfield.

Baffling isn't it.

So many bad buys

Or at least buying players who don't fit the system.

You can just foresee us spending hundreds of millions to essentially weaken our team. Mendy isn't better than Clichy or Kolarov, Rodri isn't better than Dinho, I don't imagine Dias will be better than Vinnie and I sincerely doubt the striker we sign will be close to Aguero.

We're just getting weaker and weaker as a team. We seem to have prioritised this 65m cap instead of spending a little more on a player to get the quality we actually need.

Take him out of the team and we are back to square one with a lack of height and physical presence in midfield.

That isn't true at all. Height is beneficial in a team if a player is brilliant in the air. Rodri is weaker than Fernandinho in the air. Statistically proven. Physically, he isn't even a particularly strong footballer. Our issue has never been height in the midfield, our best ever sides never had a tall CDM. Nigel and Dinho aren't particularly tall are they?

That isn't true at all. Height is beneficial in a team if a player is brilliant in the air. Rodri is weaker than Fernandinho in the air. Statistically proven. Physically, he isn't even a particularly strong footballer. Our issue has never been height in the midfield, our best ever sides never had a tall CDM. Nigel and Dinho aren't particularly tall are they?

There were cries for a taller midfielder a couple of seasons ago.

There wew cries for a taller midfielder a couple of seasons ago.

And those cries were wrong. Height isn't a benefit in itself, aerial ability is. Rodri isn't better than Fernandinho in the air despite being taller.

I'd like to see Ake in the DM for a game to see how he played. He's got all the attributes needed. Remember Pep played Stones there a couple of seasons ago because of injuries. Rodri will never be the answer for me.

I'd like to see Ake in the DM for a game to see how he played. He's got all the attributes needed. Remember Pep played Stones there a couple of seasons ago because of injuries. Rodri will never be the answer for me.

Ake is a centre back.

Yaya Toure famously a midget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.