#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has some divine gift

give him the ball and you are 100% sure that he wont loose it and distribute properly.

100% accuracy

yes yes sometimes he is slow but who is perfect

I remember Gerard Houllier talking about players and how he looked at their strengths and what they could give the team, rather than focus on what they were not good at.
In my opinion, Rodri is very skilled at breaking opponent attacks with interceptions. He is strong on the ball, retains possession well and is an accurate passer, short and long, often making key passes through the lines. Against that he has slow recovery pace.

Some on here focus on players weaknesses and ignore everything they bring. It only happens with certain players and becomes folklore but anyone watching the Arsenal game and calling Rodri's performance poor, or even less than good, watches a different game to me.

We used to get away with those tactical fouls, the refs are just extra harsh in dishing out yellows to us now, the rags and scum whining about tactical fouls has had us on ref watch a lot stricter than it used to be.

A lot of those tackles yesterday should not have been yellows. Rodri's was the worst given and almost ruined our game, luckily we had good posession after Fernandinho and Gündogan came on.

Wouldn’t say he had a bad game but it wasn’t any better than mediocre. At least 3 occasions I remember somebody almost walking past him embarrassingly easily. Not only does he not have the pace necessary for his role, he doesn’t make it difficult to get around him either and he’s too willing to throw his freebie foul away early and get booked when it’s not worth it. Fernandinho knows when it’s worth taking a booking and when he needs to keep it in his back pocket as an option later.

His passing was more progressive than usual today to his credit but that was mainly down to him often dropping into centre back to receive the ball with cancelo moving forward so he didn’t have the backwards pass unless he went back to Ederson. Still sooner have Gundogan in there if it’s not Fernandinho as he isn’t any worse defensively than Rodri but at least his first thought is a forward pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.