16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Burnley, the epitome of long ball Sunday league tactics, and he relishes that type of game. Rodri's best game every season is against Burnley, you can put your life savings on it. it's unfortunate for him the league no longer has that many Burnleys like it did when Pep first joined.
Hardly his only very good game this season though is it. Been one of our best players all season.

It's Burnley, the epitome of long ball Sunday league tactics, and he relishes that type of game. Rodri's best game every season is against Burnley, you can put your life savings on it. it's unfortunate for him the league no longer has that many Burnleys like it did when Pep first joined.

Wasn't Rodri one of our best players vs Chelsea away and PSG away and didn't he had a good performance at Anfield?

It's unfortunate for you Rodri makes your comments look foolish.

How lucky are we with this guy...

Today he was phenomenal again, great player <3

Hardly his only very good game this season though is it. Been one of our best players all season.

Said nothing at all that would disagree with that.

Wasn't Rodri one of our best players vs Chelsea away and PSG away and didn't he had a good performance at Anfield?

It's unfortunate for you Rodri makes your comments look foolish.

Yes he did. I've literally no idea why or even how you've taken what was praise and somehow responded as if I've just called him fucking useless. You've seemingly invented a narrative in your own head. You've made yourself look foolish without any help.

Said nothing at all that would disagree with that.

Yes he did. I've literally no idea why or even how you've taken what was praise and somehow responded as if I've just called him fucking useless. You've seemingly invented a narrative in your own head. You've made yourself look foolish without any help.

Praise? That his best game every season is against Burnley and that he is unfortunate that there aren't 'that many Burnleys' in the league now? That's praise, given that he had better performances vs Chelsea and PSG just weeks ago?

For the record I understand what you're saying here.

Praise? That his best game every season is against Burnley and that he is unfortunate that there aren't 'that many Burnleys' in the league now? That's praise, given that he had better performances vs Chelsea and PSG just weeks ago?
Yes it's praise. You are completely and utterly missing the entire point, choosing to instead focus on the opponents and create a narrative that's not there as if I'm somehow suggesting he only plays well against shit opposition.

Seeing as you clearly need me to spell it out for you, Rodri excels against teams that play long ball football, it plays to his strengths, and hides his weaknesses. This isn't news, it's been the case since he signed for us, it's not even a debate. The most ardent of rodri haters and the biggest Rodri fan on the planet would both agree with that.

It's like saying Jamie Vardy plays his best games against teams that play a high line. It plays heavily into his strengths with his pace and movement behind, similarly for Rodri, long ball teams are bread and butter for Rodri with his physical attributes and aerial dominance.

Every time we play a team like that, he's invariably in MOtM contention, Burnley are the last remaining true long ball team in the league now and every time they play us with the same tactics Rodri puts in a top performance. Chelsea inexplicably played like that last month with their lump it to lukaku approach and Rodri licked his lips in disbelief after being given the run around by Kante last season, Sheffield United did it last season too and Rodri was superb as expected.

And no, before you say it, that isn't to say his only good games are against long ball sides.

As for him being unfortunate the league doesn't have many Burnleys left, that's simply to say if he had come in with Pep when the league had at least half a dozen teams that would play like that with the likes of Stoke and even capable sides like Everton adopting those tactics and causing us big problems, he would have been a much bigger asset to us with those specific qualities than he is now because fewer teams play in a manner that require him to use them.

Yes it's praise. You are completely and utterly missing the entire point, choosing to instead focus on the opponents and create a narrative that's not there as if I'm somehow suggesting he only plays well against shit opposition.

Seeing as you clearly need me to spell it out for you, Rodri excels against teams that play long ball football, it plays to his strengths, and hides his weaknesses. This isn't news, it's been the case since he signed for us, it's not even a debate. The most ardent of rodri haters and the biggest Rodri fan on the planet would both agree with that.

It's like saying Jamie Vardy plays his best games against teams that play a high line. It plays heavily into his strengths with his pace and movement behind, similarly for Rodri, long ball teams are bread and butter for Rodri with his physical attributes and aerial dominance.

Every time we play a team like that, he's invariably in MOtM contention, Burnley are the last remaining true long ball team in the league now and every time they play us with the same tactics Rodri puts in a top performance. Chelsea inexplicably played like that last month with their lump it to lukaku approach and Rodri licked his lips in disbelief after being given the run around by Kante last season, Sheffield United did it last season too and Rodri was superb as expected.

And no, before you say it, that isn't to say his only good games are against long ball sides.

As for him being unfortunate the league doesn't have many Burnleys left, that's simply to say if he had come in with Pep when the league had at least half a dozen teams that would play like that with the likes of Stoke and even capable sides like Everton adopting those tactics and causing us big problems, he would have been a much bigger asset to us with those specific qualities than he is now because fewer teams play in a manner that require him to use them.

PSG are nothing like Burnley and Rodri had a better performance in Paris than today. He can put in fantastic performances against any type of opposition: Real, Burnley, Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Watford, PSG, etc. There was no need to spell out your thoughts, I just couldn't believe you are serious...

One of just four excellent performers in a sea of mediocrity and shitness today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.