16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really my motm mostly because it was rather plain and easy. But very good nonetheless. Think he improved second half, Pep was absolutely laying into him for not upping his distribution by picking diagonals to wingers high and wide. He did that and we started creating again.
I think you're underplaying his performance. He is the player who made it plain and easy for the whole team.

I think you're underplaying his performance. He is the player who made it plain and easy for the whole team.
I put it down to workrate and team effort as well. But fair enough, I've been one his longest admirers even when he was at Atletico, just pointing out some stuff he can still work on. He has been immense this season and for the first time we can say we've not missed Fernandinho, not felt his absence. That in itself is a statement of how good he has been.

He's not an athlete but he's a better footballer than Fernandinho
Try Google.
"Who is called athlete?
1 : a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina."
Are you someone who believes a miler is an elite athlete but a marathon runner is not or you just haven't a clue what an athlete is.

Not really my motm mostly because it was rather plain and easy. But very good nonetheless. Think he improved second half, Pep was absolutely laying into him for not upping his distribution by picking diagonals to wingers high and wide. He did that and we started creating again.
Quality players make it look "plain and easy".

Been, plain and simple, brilliant this season.

After fading at the end of a very long year last season, he has come back fitter, stronger, more dominating than I think most people imagined.

He is almost impossible to shrug off the ball, and very little gets past him, especially through the middle of the park.

Knew he was a player last season, but, along with Cancelo, his development this season has been outstanding.

Wouldn’t swap him for any DM in the PL, and I honestly can’t think of one globally I rate higher on current form.

His only downside sometimes is playing a safe pass or taking too long to release the ball. I think it's easy to sort it, not too difficult but happens with experience and time. He's already a miles better player than when he joined.
Alternatively, some people failed to see his quality when he joined, experience is where his greatest progress has been.

Feels like we're witnessing the start of him becoming widely recognised as a world class midfielder. If he can keep this form up for next eight years- and there's no reason why he can't, he's hardly reliant on pace as it is- he'll be one of the finest ever to play his position. Hopefully he does it at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.