16 | Rodri - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we aren’t beholden to give him a squad place and 20 apps if he refused to leave.

If he wants to sit on a contract, fine, why is that derailing our entire season because there’s no Rodri replacement?
I suppose the powers that be don't want his value depreciating to the point where we give him away. He was a crazy buy anyway.

No, we aren’t beholden to give him a squad place and 20 apps if he refused to leave.

If he wants to sit on a contract, fine, why is that derailing our entire season because there’s no Rodri replacement?
How do you think that'll look to other players we try to sign?
Oh, by the way, if you don't fit in , we'll just dump you in the reserves and give your squad place to someone else despite having enough faith in you initially to give you a 5 year contract

How do you think that'll look to other players we try to sign?
Oh, by the way, if you don't fit in , we'll just dump you in the reserves and give your squad place to someone else despite having enough faith in you initially to give you a 5 year contract

How do you think it looks to the players already here?

“Yeah don’t worry lads if you’re just complete shit, turn up fat and unfit, we’re still going to treat you like a king, and oh by the way Rodri you can never get injured or suspended and if you do then our entire season is fucked.”

And if he does get injured seriously - “sorry about wasting one of the prime years of everyone’s careers, but Kalvin’s just such a nice guy isn’t he? Wouldn’t you rather chill out with him than win more trophies with a teammate who’ll carry his weight?”.

Players joining the club always know that it’s sink or swim, that’s what they’ve known their entire life. Football is egalitarian, if you’re not good enough you don’t hang around. They don’t expect to be carried for years on end.

I’m sure Phillips is a nice bloke and I wish him and his young family all the best. I don’t understand why the entire season of the best club in the world is balancing on a knife edge because they’d rather look nice to a player who has contributed absolutely nothing positive in the 23 games he’s played to date than be a bit cold blooded and capitalise on this incredible squad and manager we have.

Last edited:
I'm watching the Spain - Scotland Euro qualifier.

OK, Bellingham is scoring goals playing in an advanced role for Real in what has to be said is an easier league than the Prem. But all due credit to him for being able to join such a big club at 20 years of age and hit the ground running.

That said, Rodri at this period of time is the best footballer on the planet. Watching him play for Spain where I'm relaxed with no great rooting interest it is so evident what a brilliant player he is. Zinedine Zedane once said the secret to his game was always making sure whatever pass he made put his squad in a better situation than what they were when he received the ball. That is Rodri to a T. He is in complete control and dictates the entire machinations of his side offensively and defensively. The most under-rated player on the planet.

The Arse fans want to rant about Rice. While he is a very good footballer he isn't in the same stratosphere as our boy Rodrig Hernandez Cascante.

With Rice, Caicedo, Bruno G., Enzo all being valued at 100 to 115 mil pound Rodri is easily worth 175 mil. He is in his absolute prime running the show for the best team in the world game in and game out (except when he decided he was in the UFC or more like the WWE a couple of games back, lol...).

OK, Bellingham is scoring goals playing in an advanced role for Real in what has to be said is an easier league than the Prem. But all due credit to him for being able to join such a big club at 20 years of age and hit the ground running.

That said, Rodri at this period of time is the best footballer on the planet. Watching him play for Spain where I'm relaxed with no great rooting interest it is so evident what a brilliant player he is. Zinedine Zedane once said the secret to his game was always making sure whatever pass he made put his squad in a better situation than what they were when he received the ball. That is Rodri to a T. He is in complete control and dictates the entire machinations of his side offensively and defensively. The most under-rated player on the planet.

The Arse fans want to rant about Rice. While he is a very good footballer he isn't in the same stratosphere as our boy Rodrig Hernandez Cascante.

With Rice, Caicedo, Bruno G., Enzo all being valued at 100 to 115 mil pound Rodri is easily worth 175 mil. He is in his absolute prime running the show for the best team in the world game in and game out (except when he decided he was in the UFC or more like the WWE a couple of games back, lol...).
Rodri is one of the few City players I've seen non-City fans unanimously pick him as the best DM in the world at present. Which is very rare IMO, to see such level of recognition be given to our players.

Arsenal fans are the only ones I've seen propping up Declan Rice. They always do this. Last time it was "Ozil > David Silva", and can't forget that "Odegaard > KdB".

Rodri is one of the few City players I've seen non-City fans unanimously pick him as the best DM in the world at present. Which is very rare IMO, to see such level of recognition be given to our players.

Arsenal fans are the only ones I've seen propping up Declan Rice. They always do this. Last time it was "Ozil > David Silva", and can't forget that "Odegaard > KdB".
Their latest is Saliba > Dias. Let's ignore that since Dias' coming to City we've won the Prem 3 consecutive times, a CL championship, a treble and he was named Prem POY in 20-21...

20 !
I'm sure he used to be younger than that.

Bossing the midfield for Spain. They rely on him more than we do. Fantastic half for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.