#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the best route forward is for resurrecting KDB, or even whether we can. I doubted him too early last season but this is frustrating. I feel if we get him fit, then we win the league. At his best he scores goals and creates a huge number of assists. We all know how good he is. He's playing at half power. I have a feeling he must have some underlying injury that is preventing him from getting fit. I get why he was sluggish after Covid but we're now in December and still he's struggling. I keep thinking he's getting better but I think that's more wishful thinking than anything else.
he has literally just come back from covid

The player playing when not fit is surely doing himself, his team and reputation a serious mis-service , however loyal he may be.

If I were his manager/advisor , I would be telling him that he needs to put his own future career at the head of the considerations, for club and/or country, before playing when not fit enough and suffering longer term injury .

Nobody benefits if he just ignores injury and plays on.
Agree ,but no matter how much influence or how important a player is an elite manager has the final decision along with advice from medical/fitness team , but Martinez is not an elite manager ,never rated him and he has wasted a generational Belgian talent , winning nothing with some of the finest players on the planet.
If KDB one of the best players in the world insists he wants to play then Martinez doesnt have the standing in the game to refuse , Martinez is the Solksjaer of international football management.

Looked a bit off it again in the first few minutes then… wow. Some of those runs were Yaya-esque. That game was just what he needed - nothing like game time to sharpen up. Bloody beautiful to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.