17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I compiled my own video list of City best goals last year. What was amazing was 90% of them were either KDB goal or assist. He deserves a Champions League final showcase performance - hope he gets the chance this year

While KDB is still the star, its good that we can create and score so many without him there

Hopefully the next few months keep up so Pep sees that there is no need to rush Kevin back, as often he's Pep go-to man and he's always back in immediately which puts him at risk

sad-pablo-lonely.gif

It kinda feels like we maybe about to enter the final chapter of his story with us. He's 32 now, and the injuries he's picking up now will take longer to recover from than they would have done 3 or 4 years ago. Also, what lasting effect will these injuries have on him? If we can get the back end of this season, and hopefully one more out of him, I'd be happy. That would be 10 fantastic seasons (he was signed in august 2015). Can Phil be his successor?

It kinda feels like we maybe about to enter the final chapter of his story with us. He's 32 now, and the injuries he's picking up now will take longer to recover from than they would have done 3 or 4 years ago. Also, what lasting effect will these injuries have on him? If we can get the back end of this season, and hopefully one more out of him, I'd be happy. That would be 10 fantastic seasons (he was signed in august 2015). Can Phil be his successor?
This period off will be good for him to completely rest his body.

I'm sure he can give us another 2-3 years of top performances.

This time off will also force Pep to come up with different solutions (hopefully which heavily involve Foden) so when KDB returns he is the icing on the cake.

While KDB is still the star, its good that we can create and score so many without him there

Hopefully the next few months keep up so Pep sees that there is no need to rush Kevin back, as often he's Pep go-to man and he's always back in immediately which puts him at risk
He puts him back in immediately because he is so so good however
there is absolutely no way he will rush him back the clubs medical dept will have a massive say as will Kev
Those days are over science meets football now

Wow, I enjoyed that, but watching it reminds me that it doesn't matter who we buy, we can't replace him.
I felt the same about Tevez, then we got Aguero. I felt the same about Yaya, then we got Debryune. Many felt the same about Dihno ( granted I wasn't one of them) then we got Rodri.

I am almost certain you are right, wed never get a better or as good of a midfielder as Debruybe again. He is the best midfielder to ever play in the Prem after all. But wed get someone different But satisfying.

I'm certain of it. I almost even know him by name :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.