17 years since we lost MVF

Arrived at our B&B in Normandy absolutely knackered, having driven around 600 miles from the campsite near Biarritz, to see on SSN the news of his sad death. I needed another pint to calm my nerves from the shock. (and several more with our evening meal).
RIP Marc.
Remember the holiday well. The previous weekend, the temperature reached 47c in the area!

I got a great photo with him at the last game at Maine Road. He turned up in his big black suv and base ball cap. That was his last game for us

I remember being in town the night he died. Flannels just off St Anne's Square were doing an event for Pele so I waited outside and managed to get his autograph.

We got home from the event buzzing about meeting Pele, then put on the TV to see the awful news about Foe. I went down to Maine Road a few days later and remember all the flowers and tributes, a few shirts from fans of other teams.

Its nice that he was the last City player to score at Maine Road at that we retired the 23 shirt. We'll always remember him.

I only remember one thing from this and it wasn't good. The Daily Mirror had a shocking picture of him on their back page, I won't explain it because it's too horrific to, but anyone who remembers it will know what I'm talking about. I seem to remember they had to make an apology to the club and his family.

If Pep is serious he'll get rid of Gundogan, Mendy, and Otamendi and find decent replacements. Bravo, Sane, and Merl we know are going, two will need to be replaced, with the Leroy replacement hopefully to be a player who can also play up top and bang them in.

We need a window similar to that of 2017/18 - we won't be able to get away with 1-2 purchases.
I think you've put this in the wrong thread, mate.

I was on one of my last caravan holidays ,in Bognor Regis. I went to the camp shop and bought a Daily Mail and his passing was all over the back page.
It stunned me as I read it on the way back to the caravan. My birthday is 26th June so it kind of put the block on it that year.
As another poster mentioned time flies, I am 64 today, 2 more years until my state pension.

Unlike the last seventeen years, the next two are gonna drag, m. And I should imagine that BdPJ will have given so much HMT loot away during this pandemic that there'll be nowt in the kitty in 2022.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.