Re: Gareth Bale?

Anyone remember us playing Soton in the FA cup a few years ago, just as Micah and bale were emerging? I remember one of the papers did a like for like comparison between the 2 - speed, tackling, shooting, heading etc. Anyway Micah came out on top in most categories and "won" (as did city in the game).

However, I know which I'd prefer to see in a city shirt now, and I'm afraid it ain't Micah.

Bale seems to have got over his confidence issues and is now realising his potential (unlike micah). He's been spuds' best player by miles second half of the season either at lb or lm, and has got great drive and quality down the left flank. I'd take him. Would weaken spuds and would be great competition for bridge and cover for bellers.

It's long overdue that we signed a LB who can defend well at the top level. Bale would make a useful left midfielder but IMO is not good enough defensively for LB.

He's much better than Bridge and if we do pip them for 4th we could set up a deal as Twitcher is constantly feeling up Micah and now Santa Cruz. Bale on recent form is probably one of the top few young left-backs in Europe. His defending isn't perfect (but not bad) but he's incredible bursting forward and could be just as good as a left winger.

LoveCity said:
He's much better than Bridge and if we do pip them for 4th we could set up a deal as Twitcher is constantly feeling up Micah and now Santa Cruz. Bale on recent form is probably one of the top few young left-backs in Europe. His defending isn't perfect (but not bad) but he's incredible bursting forward and could be just as good as a left winger.

only problem is he's not a left back, but a left midfielder. The boy is very very good, but cant defend, and only when he has been played left winger did he start to shine. Putting him at left back is waste

Yes he can't defend to save his life but unlike bridge he has pace to an extent but like bridge his positional sense is poor and he only looks like he does because of the poor opposition he has encountered until now,wait until he meets man utd and see how fares.

Well triffic arry wants Bellers, so let's say to him you can have him and £18m for Bale!! Arry just loves to wheel and deal and I am sure he would go for it!!

This guy would have given any right back a torrid time yesterday he is on top form and unplayable at times , if you were to spend big on someone that would make an instant impact its him . But they would never let him leave especially to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.