1894 - 10th Birthday tomorrow v Newcastle

A big thanks from me for everything that 1894 do for the club. They’ve grown in profile recently too. Having a single voice for the hardcore fans is increasingly important for a club like ours and we have that. Long live 1894.

Well done lads n lasses. My particular favourite was the ship sailing along the South Stand.
That said, all of them and all of the hard work that goes into doing everything you do is appreciated by us lot.
That was my favourite too. Great minds think alike and all that.

Top effort from the 1894 guys across the decade. It’s good to see their higher profile and increased recognition over recent times. You also benefitted from that Pep talk I gave you at half time in the Burnley game lol.

Looking forward to more displays and even more support for the Blues

Well done lads n lasses. My particular favourite was the ship sailing along the South Stand.
That said, all of them and all of the hard work that goes into doing everything you do is appreciated by us lot.
I loved the ship, it was fantastic.

Whoever of the group said this;

We're not saying we want to go back to Maine Road and it was better when we were s***, we're just saying there are some things that are uniquely City. It reminds the wider audience that there’s a civic identity of who we are - Manchester culture.

‘We can be a worldwide club but someone in Japan or wherever would still want to know. Barcelona focus on the voice of the region. There's nothing wrong with saying this is our identity and here we are, and people can buy into it
’.

… is a man after my own heart. I think exactly like that and couldn't have said it better myself.

And regarding Barcelona - a club I think are a disgrace in general - really do push their local identity as a club (not just their fanbase) and it’s something I respect them for. And it’s something I wish City as a club would do more. Manchester is just about the biggest city on this island for individual cultural identity! It should be the easiest thing for the club to do to market us (much more than the fucking Moon!).

In Khaldoon al Mubarak’s end-of-season interview, he only mentioned our core local supporters in passing and little to nothing about the city of Manchester, yet spent a large part of the last bit of the interview talking about fans in the Far East and around the world. As whoever said it above says, it’s not like we don’t want the worldwide fanbase, but the most important thing is our core local support and our Mancunian identity!

Spot on lads!

We are Manchester City Football Club. The football club set up for the citizens of Manchester, the first club to have the name Manchester in it, the only club to ever play in the FL92 to come from Manchester.

WE ARE MANCHESTER! (<could be a banner that!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 100% barm but doing a banner in favour of barm over muffin would actually be the most divisive thing you could do at City. More controversial than any boycott

Would be people’s front of judea v people’s judean front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.