19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Was getting a shoeing yesterday on the 93.20 podcast , saying he’s not a good enough footballer to play for city

yet Haaland never gets the same criticism

Was getting a shoeing yesterday on the 93.20 podcast , saying he’s not a good enough footballer to play for city

Alverez had a poor game but he’s shown his worth to us so far.
I’ve read two posts of yours in the last 10 minutes digging Haaland out.
Our fanbase is losing the fucking plot.

An overreaction of course but his performance was really up there as one of the worst in the past decade for us and I am being serious. I don't think he did a single thing correctly.

Haaland will always have more credit in the bank considering he is an out and out goal scorer. Alvarez has a lot more expectation to be involved in the build up etc.

Alverez had a poor game but he’s shown his worth to us so far.
I’ve read two posts of yours in the last 10 minutes digging Haaland out.
Our fanbase is losing the fucking plot.
Overall , Alvarez has offered us more than Haaland this season

we looked a more compact team when Haaland was out injured and Alvarez was deputising

yet he gets no criticism

its double standards

Overall , Alvarez has offered us more than Haaland this season

we looked a more compact team when Haaland was out injured and Alvarez was deputising

yet he gets no criticism

its double standards
He’s certainly been available more…

Think I’m done engaging with posters who have set a weird anti Haaland stance.
It just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Lad has been run into the ground this season. People shouldn’t forget that. He’s a young lad, still learning his trade and has already won it all. That doesn’t make him the finished article so at this stage, he is a great squad player but needs to work hard on his first touch, awareness around him and equally important, his decision making.
Honestly think he’ll continue developing and will be an excellent player, though not necessarily spending more than a few more years with us.
For now, I’m more than happy celebrating what a great 12 months the lad has had and forgive him the odd poor game, he has credit in the bank.

Lad has been run into the ground this season. People shouldn’t forget that. He’s a young lad, still learning his trade and has already won it all. That doesn’t make him the finished article so at this stage, he is a great squad player but needs to work hard on his first touch, awareness around him and equally important, his decision making.
Honestly think he’ll continue developing and will be an excellent player, though not necessarily spending more than a few more years with us.
For now, I’m more than happy celebrating what a great 12 months the lad has had and forgive him the odd poor game, he has credit in the bank.
He's had some first touch problems before but they weren't as often as they are now, specially since he started to play as a midfielder, and against very tight defenses. There's plenty of games where his first touch had been almost perfect, i think it's also a matter of confidence.

Last edited:
At this stage of the season we can't have players start that are struggling for form. I feel for the lad though because he's being played out of position. He's put out wide or in an attacking midfield role and it just doesn't work right now.

We looked loads better when we had a 2nd central midfielder alongside Rodri against Liverpool. We look far too exposed when Rodri is in the middle on his own as we essentially play 4-1-5. Every midfielder who isn't him sits ahead of him meaning people just slice through us. I really want to see Kova and Rodri be a consistent partnership in the run in, it would feel a little like having Gundo back (god I miss that guy) in the sense that we'd have a more compact midfield.

Goosebumps. He had a phenomenal first season for such a young lad, and 29 G+A this season already as well. Often overplayed and out of position, but he is a magnificent player. Anyone who doesn't think he is quality needs to follow another sport.

He is 100% quality but not as a wing or as a midfielder, simple as. He does the best he can while Pep continues to insist on shoehorning him into the line up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.