Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Egyptian said:
NewbBlue said:
It was an ugly tackle. Legal, but ugly.

Legal? Really? I keep hearing this about dangerous play and red cards. That play from De Jong looked dangerous when i saw the game, it didn't look less dangerous on the replay....
I wish it were illegal in the Prem. Maybe it technically is, I don't know, just rarely seems to be called. Something has to be done to protect the players.

De Jong cannot slide in sideways on a guy's shins with his body, even if he does get the ball.

I'm ******* sick of people whinging about injuries and "unfair" tackles like sissys. Football is a contact sport, injuries are part and parcel of the game, GET OVER IT.

It was just unfortunate that Ben Arfa's trailing leg was caught, nothing malicious in it at all, just unfortunate. I wish the lad a full recovery, sooner hopefully.

Now shut up and stop whining like that French moaner Wenger again "tackles" being "illegal". Go and play cricket, golf or tennis if you don't like

Clearly a 50/50 ball - just bad luck for the lad that he tried to pull out - if he´d been as commited as De Jong he would have been ok

he was probably lucky not to be sent off.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Clearly a 50/50 ball - just bad luck for the lad that he tried to pull out - if he´d been as commited as De Jong he would have been ok

This is how I saw it at the game. No doubt under endless tv replays it looked more intent. The ref saw it as a 50/50 tackle and that's that.

I wouldn't defend a player who I thought had deliberately set out to injure another pro, but I really don't think De Jong did that. Yes it was a tough tackle, but tackles are part of the game and I'd hate to see the game sanitised. So while it was unfortunately a bad injury, and I wish the lad a speedy recovery, I think that should be the end of the matter. De Jong didn't go in two footed, off the ground or with studs showing. It was his knees that made the contact that did the damage, as far as I could see. It was just unlucky that Ben Afra's standing foot was jarred, probably because his studs rooted him to the ground.

Was a fair tackle that the media will thrive on because of the outcome. Studs were down, wasn't two footed (the other leg came in after) and the slippiness of the pitch probably had something to do with it.

dirtybastard.JPG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.