1937 picture on Etihad

BlueSkyBlue

Behind the fanzone there is a picture on the stadium - of apparently Man City playing someone that year.

One of the stewards asked me if I know who we were playing - after a bit of research I think the picture was taken against Brentford on 3rd April 1937

Brentford had a red and white stripe kit that season, with a white strip on the shorts - and the stand in the background looks very similar to this picture of Griffin Park

bwkjcediaaeis8x.jpg

(Yes, that is an injured player being carried off by the 'physio' & this picture isn't the one on the stadium, and clearly isn't us v Brentford)

I think the image on our stadium has been reversed as the 'autopragh' or signature has been reversed.

Apologies for the rather boring thread :)

Is that are away kit at the time? If so what are the colours? Or is it a home kit with two shades of light blue cotton one for the arms and so on( kit company fook up so to speak) ? Lol fook me just seen the bit in brackets, about that not being City never mind:-S

Fantastic, make it compulsory for anybody who falls to the ground and causes play to be stopped to be carried off over the shoulder like a tired infant. Then made to sit on the naughty step for five minutes.

kippax kid said:
Is that are away kit at the time? If so what are the colours? Or is it a home kit with two shades of light blue cotton one for the arms and so on( kit company fook up so to speak) ? Lol fook me just seen the bit in brackets, about that not being City never mind:-S

As BlueSkyBlue says in his post, the picture he posted isn't the one on the stadium, it's of a complete other team. He only posted it to demonstrate that the stadium matches the one in the picture on the side of the Etihad.

cheshirecheese said:
That kit looks white and gold to me but my lad says it's black and blue...

I can see where you are coming from - LoL.

You could come off the pitch "black and blue" in 1937 but today refs. are programmed to whistle if you breathe on some of these pansies
playing today.

EDIT: Is it OK to say pansies??

Bluep*ss said:
cheshirecheese said:
That kit looks white and gold to me but my lad says it's black and blue...

I can see where you are coming from - LoL.

You could come off the pitch "black and blue" in 1937 but today refs. are programmed to whistle if you breathe on some of these pansies
playing today.

EDIT: Is it OK to say pansies??
The pansy is an estimable flower. Resilient, inoffensive and pragmatic. They are survivors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.