1978-79 | The self-implosion of Manchester City

Not sure, think it might have been when Bond took over (my memory isn't what it was).
Two separate documentaries mate

The Nationwide documentary was 77-78, but I've never seen any of the episodes since.

The CITY documentary was 80-81, starting with the August Maine Road embarrassments v Legia and Sunderland. That can be found on You Tube

How many fans did we lose during those turbulent years? Mansour’s ownership has brought us back to the top. All clubs have downturns in fortune at some stage. Unfortunately for city, those lost years together with the sky money coming in set us back.

Interesting read @Citizen Green thx for posting.

Yeah but all the protests after the fall out were fun.
The ones re Lee were on a par though.
Always remember coming out of Maine Road after watching yet another dismal performance and a huddle starting outside the entrance, calling for Lee to be sacked.
One brave woman fan had her say supporting him and was told to "fuck off home and make the tea!!"

Allison was a catastrophic appointment. In the 76/77 season, under Skip, we finished 1 point behind the all conquering Liverpool team of that era. And that was without the King in the team. Allison came in and shredded that team to pieces. It can be argued that we only really recovered from that era when HRH came in. I'm fully aware that Allison contributed hugely to the successes in the late 60s under Joe. But I'm sorry, I can't forgive him for what he did a decade later. The damage he (and Swales) did to the club was, er, "massive".

The ones re Lee were on a par though.
Always remember coming out of Maine Road after watching yet another dismal performance and a huddle starting outside the entrance, calling for Lee to be sacked.
One brave woman fan had her say supporting him and was told to "fuck off home and make the tea!!"
Making Ball manager didn’t help, happy days :-)

Allison was a catastrophic appointment. In the 76/77 season, under Skip, we finished 1 point behind the all conquering Liverpool team of that era. And that was without the King in the team. Allison came in and shredded that team to pieces. It can be argued that we only really recovered from that era when HRH came in. I'm fully aware that Allison contributed hugely to the successes in the late 60s under Joe. But I'm sorry, I can't forgive him for what he did a decade later. The damage he (and Swales) did to the club was, er, "massive".
Absolutely this but Swales taking over as chairman was the true start of the decline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.