1st task: Sorting out the Defence

Interesting to see VK in action today - he played for the 1st time like he did when he 1st arrived, ie 100% total commitment, vocal, head-in, boot-in, some of the ugly stuff that we are so missing. I may be jumping to conclusions but I wonder if he's one of the players thinking "thank fuck - here's my chance"?

Mancini is italian , and he'll make a priority of sorting the defence out , that's what italians do ....... so expect someone like Toure , who is all over the place , and in my view an erratic defender , to make way for someone else ..... and he won't be the only one either!

THIS. At the end of the day we have quite a small squad anyway we need another centre half anyway, with the injuries we currently have only Kompany as cover in the centre, if Richards is injured, no proper cover at right back. Silvinho was never meant to start games, Garrido simply isnt good enough so we need another couple of decent full backs anyway.

The real question is Mancini here on a 3 and half deal or 6 months with a view to another 3 years IF he meets targets ? If he is a stop gap (unlikley) will they give him £50 million to buy a new defence in january ? If hes here for the duration Its not hard to see what will happen, we will try and buy the best rightback, left back and centre half we can find in January.

Someone needs to stand up in the back and take control, and it needs to be a defender, people expecting Given to work miracles with that lot and concentrate on goal at the same time are delusional. He shouts at them enough, but that's all he can do. It's up to the players themselvse and leader from those defenders to take them by the reigns and get them in line.

Oh what are you whining about re:Sylvinho. If you read this place after the Bolton game, you would surely know he's the best LB going around and far better then Bridge hahahahahahahah

Seriously though, What we desperately need is a commanding CB. Finding one is another thing, but I still wonder if we had of got John Terry to the club, things might have turned out very different for Hughes.

He's got himself a nice little deal .......

Mancini's deal includes a £1million bonus if City finish in the top four this season. And he'll pick up another £1m for every trophy he wins over the course of his contract.

Job no 1 should be to stop Given punting balls up to no one. He's worse than Dunne was. Great keeper (and Dunne was a great CB for us) but for the love of God can he not see that this just squanders possession. The fact that we can't retain possession IMO has a major bearing on the predicament we are no in.

The defense is a shambles it is true but so is midfield ... my number 2 thing to sort out is to give everyone a defined role when going forwards, backwards, etc. We are falling over each other 'cos no one knows what system we play. In a traditional 442 it's simple, winger gets up and picks out a striker, repeat until referee blows his final whistle. But in a 433/451/42131/4?? who's job is what? We need to start doing the simple things right, gain confidence and then things can move on from there.

And then sort the defense out please. Thanks kindly!

I said before that Toure and Lescott are no good without someone telling them where to go and what to do. Even Toure's famed powers of recovery are deserting him. To borrow a boxing parlance he's almost "a shot fighter".

You should forget about Dunne's departure and concentrate on getting a new commanding CB.
Surprised about the midfield's inability to protect the defence. Thought De Jong and Barry were wise enough to do that job.
From what I can see you need one new signing in the January Sales and Mancini should instill new and proper tactics.

Do that - job's a good un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.