2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive big game player

Against "standard" opposition he has arguably been displaced in the starting XI but against a real winger you'd have no one else

Am surprised he's pushing for the move, maybe he feels the time is right after the treble

Also feel like in the back of his minds he's 33 now with a game built off pace, coming off a massive season, he may not be the same guy this time next year and may struggle to get a Bayern etc. That he can now

Good luck to him, will be a nightmare to replace but all good things come to an end

6 years of service when many thought we'd overpaid and he's paid that back and then some

Massive big game player

Against "standard" opposition he has arguably been displaced in the starting XI but against a real winger you'd have no one else

Am surprised he's pushing for the move, maybe he feels the time is right after the treble

Also feel like in the back of his minds he's 33 now with a game built off pace, coming off a massive season, he may not be the same guy this time next year and may struggle to get a Bayern etc. That he can now

Good luck to him, will be a nightmare to replace but all good things come to an end

6 years of service when many thought we'd overpaid and he's paid that back and then some

Been a magnificent signing

Can understand why he might think the time is right to move. But I‘ll be gutted to see him go - still top class, and probably the best right back in the world.

Arteta is copying City and buying hand-me-down's from City. The Germans are doing the same. This summer window is going to be wild.
Not a fan of BM at all. Can understand Kyle though wanting a new challenge.

What is the fee that’s mentioned in the article

Not a fan of BM at all. Can understand Kyle though wanting a new challenge.

What is the fee that’s mentioned in the article
The Athletic article didn't specify. It just mentioned the transfer fee wouldn't be a problem. I guess Walker's agent brought to the table a reasonable deal. A bit sad that Walker is going. The one-on-one battle between him and Vinicius Jr was a pleasure.

Surprised by this one, seemed to be perfect for one more season and then a free.

Hope it turns out to be rubbish and he stays.

Got to be 15 million or so to be worthwhile for us or less if we have someone lined up and happy for him to move on.

Can understand why he might think the time is right to move. But I‘ll be gutted to see him go - still top class, and probably the best right back in the world.

He’s probably been this generations RB… I’m talking 5/6 years longevity and winning a ridiculous amount of trophies whilst performing on the biggest stage for both club and country.

Just look at his involvement in the biggest competitions the world over and it’s hard to find someone who has done more in his position….

2 champions league finals, a champions league semi, 4 league cups, 2 FA cups, 5 premier league titles, 100 points, champions league title, first side to do domestic treble in history, THE TREBLE, 2 X World Cup semis, euros finalist… ridiculous.

What a CV.

World class!

He’s probably been this generations RB… I’m talking 5/6 years longevity and winning a ridiculous amount of trophies whilst performing on the biggest stage for both club and country.

Just look at his involvement in the biggest competitions the world over and it’s hard to find someone who has done more in his position….

2 champions league finals, a champions league semi, 4 league cups, 2 FA cups, 5 premier league titles, 100 points, champions league title, first side to do domestic treble in history, THE TREBLE, 2 X World Cup semis, euros finalist… ridiculous.

What a CV.

World class!

He has nothing left to prove.. might as well play in the cage down at goals on a Wednesday night with me and my 40 something year old mates… he’s literally done it all.

*edit.. Gary Neville is still arguably Englands best ever right back though….

Walker is underappreciated. Cancelo got an extension after a year or so good performance. Walker has been critical for the back line but the wage is low and an extension offer is not on the table(even before the scandal). Some players of the team did the more defensive or build up roles with sacrifice in G/A numbers. Walker Bernardo and so on. Free rider like Cancelo benefited and got the deal. Okay I may be too far to say Cancelo is a free rider but pretty much it is.

I wish we keep him.

He can play a reduced role like Milner at pool.

His experience and mentality will be good for the team and I doubt that he will demand huge figures or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.