2 | Kyle Walker - 2024/25

Well, they aren't nonsense, they're factual. You can argue how much space they were running into etc though and the circumstances involved and how long they hit that top speed for etc.

We often see opposition forwards get the chance to sprint into open spaces against us, with our defenders having to chase. We hardly ever see our forwards have that similar space to run into. Interesting that Haaland came out as our quickest player, he is scarily fast and powerful when he gets enough space.

More telling than Traore though is Walker being at number 80. I would have expected him to have done better in that footrace against Traore - running without the ball should have allowed him to catch slightly at least, but it looks like he was jogging. He would have caught him a couple of seasons ago I'm sure.

I don't think any version of Walker is quicker than Adama Troare. Maybe a few seasons ago it would be a better race, but Adama would've always got the better. The lad is seriously quick.

I don't think any version of Walker is quicker than Adama Troare. Maybe a few seasons ago it would be a better race, but Adama would've always got the better. The lad is seriously quick.

Agree that he is, but Walker has been also, as shown with him v the likes of Mbappe at times.

I'm sure Walker without the ball, would have been able to catch up with Traore with the ball, a year or two ago. That he seemed to lose ground isnt a good sign for Walker.

Agree that he is, but Walker has been also, as shown with him v the likes of Mbappe at times.

I'm sure Walker without the ball, would have been able to catch up with Traore with the ball, a year or two ago. That he seemed to lose ground isnt a good sign for Walker.

Not a good sign but inevitable I suppose, he's no spring chicken.

The good thing is that he's still quicker than most players out there...for now, despite what some stat says. He won't be coming up against freaks like Troare every weak.

That said, I reckon he's on the decline quite quickly. I don't reckon he's got that long left before he regularly starts getting outrun by players he never would have.

Not a good sign but inevitable I suppose, he's no spring chicken.

The good thing is that he's still quicker than most players out there...for now, despite what some stat says. He won't be coming up against freaks like Troare every weak.

That said, I reckon he's on the decline quite quickly. I don't reckon he's got that long left before he regularly starts getting outrun by players he never would have.

I did a few checks based on the figures they gave and with a few assumptions.

If we say each team has basically used 15 players (excluding keepers) as a rough estimate, that would mean these figures are out of 300 players.

It would make Traore in the top 7% and Walker in the top 27%. Still faster than most clearly, but not the surefire safety-net against transitions that he used to be.

All these discussions about whether he has lost his pace or not. Doesn't fucking matter how quick he is when he's 40 yards out of position the entire fucking game. Just stands next to the centre back and points at empty space instead of getting close to his winger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.