2 questions about Bluemoon

Nelly's Left Foot said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles has been through this numerous times mate. Upping posts per page to 20 for example, halves the amount of banner ads shown. This reduces "ad income" to the forum and they don't get a lot as it is.

Edit:
just seen on previous page you have now seen this.

I find the limitted posts per page is a pain. Is there really advertising on here?

Yes there is. This forum costs more to run per month than the average household, and they help to cover those costs. You should look up how to make an exception in your Adblocking software.

Every time you load a page on Bluemoon, Ric has to pay for the bandwidth the server uses to transfer the data from our server to your computer. This is how web pages work, a server transfers the data to your web browser which uses code to display it to you in a nice way.

As I say, Ric literally has to pay for every one of these transfers, out of his own pocket which he does by working every day. This is an entirely independent site, nobody supports it financially apart from Ric.

As the forum grows, to try and keep Ric from been bankrupt because this is a busy hangout for people, non intrusive banner advertising was added to the top of page, which generates enough to keep the site going.

Advertisements are paid on per view and per click. If you cannot see the, the ad company doesn't pay Ric, but he still has to pay for the transfer. Hell, they aren't exactly the worst things in the world, and for all the work that a team of dedicated people put in, for free, to provide you with the pleasure of this community, I personally don't find it a big deal to ask you to unblock advertisements so we can keep the site running in the future.

I used to run a tech site that got pretty popular. I had to shut it down because I literally couldn't afford to run it any more because a large percentage of the user base started blocking advertisements, so I have a very strong opinion on this.

Damocles said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I find the limitted posts per page is a pain. Is there really advertising on here?

Yes there is. This forum costs more to run per month than the average household, and they help to cover those costs. You should look up how to make an exception in your Adblocking software.

Every time you load a page on Bluemoon, Ric has to pay for the bandwidth the server uses to transfer the data from our server to your computer. This is how web pages work, a server transfers the data to your web browser which uses code to display it to you in a nice way.

As I say, Ric literally has to pay for every one of these transfers, out of his own pocket which he does by working every day. This is an entirely independent site, nobody supports it financially apart from Ric.

As the forum grows, to try and keep Ric from been bankrupt because this is a busy hangout for people, non intrusive banner advertising was added to the top of page, which generates enough to keep the site going.

Advertisements are paid on per view and per click. If you cannot see the, the ad company doesn't pay Ric, but he still has to pay for the transfer. Hell, they aren't exactly the worst things in the world, and for all the work that a team of dedicated people put in, for free, to provide you with the pleasure of this community, I personally don't find it a big deal to ask you to unblock advertisements so we can keep the site running in the future.

I used to run a tech site that got pretty popular. I had to shut it down because I literally couldn't afford to run it any more because a large percentage of the user base started blocking advertisements, so I have a very strong opinion on this.

You were warned Nelly!

Rasher said:
I just dont like them reminds me of when kids draw smiley faces on their exercise books.
I have a bit of leaning towards the more than 10 post per page

Sounds as though yer still at the chalkface, Rasher or perhaps the interactive whiteboard interface? Reminds me of when kids drew smiley faces on their exercise books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.