20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys.. :D After 2018 / 2019 season what else were you expecting from him ?

In that season from August to Febuary he played as a RCM (6 months) and from Febuary to May (4 months) he played as a RW.. But there were games like "Crystal Palace" away or second half on "Old Trafford" when Sane came in - where Bernardo continued to play as a RCM...

It was obvious for me that he was doing his best in midfield, but somehow he ended up as a RW and that's how we fucked up 2019 / 2020 season, BECAUSE HE IS NOT A FUCKING WINGER !!!

Last season, when KDB got injured again - Pep returned him to that midfield role and was perfect. I don't think that without him we would have won the PL (just remember his goal against Aston Villa and other important / significant contributions..). And luckily when KDB returned, Pep this time (that's the difference between 2018 / 2019 and 2020 / 2021 seasons) moved KDB on a false 9 position and Bernardo stayed as RCM. For me that was the most important decision, because otherwise we wouldn't have got to the final, that would be impossible.. But luckily this time Pep got it right..

This season, I don't know what happened in the summer - but since like August Bernardo is the main player in midfield, KDB and Gundogan are rotated and it's either Gundo-Bernardo or KDB-Bernardo duo.. And we are experiencing something amazing and phenomenal -> PSG games, Liverpool away, Chelsea away, United away - so all the important games City played at the top top level - divine level of football.. And Bernardo was the Key player in all these games.

I hope he will never be returned to that god damned RW position and what's more important - he wouldn't be sold.

He is 27 years old now, has 5-6 years of prime football left, as Pep says he is the best in PL - so without any doubt if there is player who this team should be built around, that's BERNARDO SILVA <3
He is head and shoulders the best player in the premier league this season , He is very underrated from a technical point of view . I would say he has the best close control and dribbling of any player in the premier league . He is almost like a slower Messi .

As talented as Foden is he is not at Silva's level yet . No where near . If Bernado can carry on scoring goals he could win the ballon dor this year . He is an even more talented player than David Silva .

He is head and shoulders the best player in the premier league this season , He is very underrated from a technical point of view . I would say he has the best close control and dribbling of any player in the premier league . He is almost like a slower Messi .

As talented as Foden is he is not at Silva's level yet . No where near . If Bernado can carry on scoring goals he could win the ballon dor this year . He is an even more talented player than David Silva .

I get that a world class footballer can adjust their feet as they run so that they don’t have to break stride to connect with the ball. What I can’t get my head around is how you have the spatial awareness and skill to do that when the ball is dropping out of the air and curving from 30 yards away.

Nige and Eni Aluko on Amazon used the term ‘jaw dropping’, which, from experienced international footballers, speaks volumes. If that goal had been scored by Messi/Barcelona or a team in red it would be all over the papers today and we would be seeing it on repeat for the rest of the season.

He’s just a wonderful footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.