20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter just rang in tears saying she's seen that he's leaving end of season, don't believe it, where would he go who could afford him.
Anyone got any firm news on this.
He is leaving every summer , the media run with the same story every year , he would be getting a send off on sunday so we would know about it by now

Thing Sunday will be the last time we see him at the Etihad. Pretty sure he is off. Well deserved change of scenery.

It may depend on the result. If we win it, we go for five next season!
So if that happens i'd like to think Pep would convince him to stay to go for that. Walker too.

Would have been annouced by now if he is leaving.

I'm not so sure. I think it will be the same scenario as most summers where he wants to leave and we will do our best to keep him. I'm not sure who comes in for him in all honesty, that's the biggest positive for us.

Much like Gundo, things don't always work out where an announcement can be made ahead of time. Big games to come, focus needs to be on this season first.

I'm not so sure. I think it will be the same scenario as most summers where he wants to leave and we will do our best to keep him. I'm not sure who comes in for him in all honesty, that's the biggest positive for us.

Much like Gundo, things don't always work out where an announcement can be made ahead of time. Big games to come, focus needs to be on this season first.
Difference is Gundo was out of contract

Difference is Gundo was out of contract

I know, but what I mean is that his future is probably undecided. They can't announce he is going without an offer. But one comes in this summer that he wants and we accept and then he goes. Bit like Walker last summer, no one saw the Bayern move coming but he could have gone.

Bernardo's body language will be interesting. We will probably see from that whether he looks likely to be here next season or not.

Hopefully he stays and hopefully he has a big fucking smile and a medal round his neck on Sunday.

I know, but what I mean is that his future is probably undecided. They can't announce he is going without an offer. But one comes in this summer that he wants and we accept and then he goes. Bit like Walker last summer, no one saw the Bayern move coming but he could have gone.

Bernardo's body language will be interesting. We will probably see from that whether he looks likely to be here next season or not.

Hopefully he stays and hopefully he has a big fucking smile and a medal round his neck on Sunday.
I don't see many team willing to stump up our valuation. Barcelona isn't likely

Maybe unpopular opinion, but we should sell Bernardo now.

1. This might be his worst season. He works hard and it is very smart, so he is still a very useful player, but that doesn't take away that he seems to be less and less dangerous to the oposition. His dribbling and forward passing are almost non-existant nowadays. He is over 30 now, and this might the start of his decline.

2. This is the main point, he is not gonna extend his contract beyond 2026. If no one comes for him, he will go to Benfica for free. 2 years of Bernardo at the level of this season + his salary or 50m. I don't think it's as clear.

If Bernardo wanted to play here until he is 35, then sure I would love him to stay, but that's not the case. And I think we might be able to upgrade the position with Bernardo's fee of 50m + 30m.

If he stays, it is great, but if a club comes with 50m, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Whatever happens, he's had a legacy that very few players will be able to replicate. But to stay on top, you have to think always long term.

Maybe unpopular opinion, but we should sell Bernardo now.

1. This might be his worst season. He works hard and it is very smart, so he is still a very useful player, but that doesn't take away that he seems to be less and less dangerous to the oposition. His dribbling and forward passing are almost non-existant nowadays. He is over 30 now, and this might the start of his decline.

2. This is the main point, he is not gonna extend his contract beyond 2026. If no one comes for him, he will go to Benfica for free. 2 years of Bernardo at the level of this season + his salary or 50m. I don't think it's as clear.

If Bernardo wanted to play here until he is 35, then sure I would love him to stay, but that's not the case. And I think we might be able to upgrade the position with Bernardo's fee of 50m + 30m.

If he stays, it is great, but if a club comes with 50m, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Whatever happens, he's had a legacy that very few players will be able to replicate. But to stay on top, you have to think always long term.
He's 29

Would have been annouced by now if he is leaving.
Not a chance it would be announced, Pep would not allow any distractions and neither would the player.

If we get a 50m offer he will be given the chance to leave, PSG I am 100% certain will make that bid but will the little fella want to go to Paris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.