20 | Bernardo Silva - 2024/25

Thought he had the winner in extra time. I think he needs to be one of the pivot players just to add some creativity.
He is the least creative of our offensive players. Savinho, KDB, Foden, Grealish and Gundogan all have better passing and better shooting (except Grealish) than Bernardo. The last year from him has been extremely underwhelming.

He is the least creative of our offensive players. Savinho, KDB, Foden, Grealish and Gundogan all have better passing and better shooting (except Grealish) than Bernardo. The last year from him has been extremely underwhelming.
Creativity in buildup is different than creativity in the final 3rd. That's why I'd rather he play in the pivot.

Creativity in buildup is different than creativity in the final 3rd. That's why I'd rather he play in the pivot.
Even then, Lewis, Rodri, Foden and Gundogan are superior. They can break the line easily with movement, a quick 1-2 and a quick pass. Bernardo can't. If you want creativity, Bernardo hasn't been the answer for the last year. If it wasn't for his work rate and superb positioning, he is offering barely anything.

I'll say it, because no one says it. The least threatening offensive player for the last year. I bsrely remember the last time he was able to dribble someone going forward.

People criticize Grealish, when Bernardo as a winger doesn't produce a 10% of what Grealish produces. Having Savinho on the bench for him is crazy with this being his level for a while now.
Bernardo has had no consistency for well over a year. Has good games. Has great games. Does not string them together.

As a winger, we might as well stick a traffic cone out there. He doesn’t offer any threat going forward and I wouldn’t say he particularly helps our FB out either.

Went into midfield for the last 10 mins and was then arguably the best player on the pitch. He has to play in the middle or be sat on the bench.

I don't understand why Pep insists on him playing on the right wing when he offers fuck all from that position, it doesn't help that he never gets any support from Walker, so the only thing that happens is him passing it back every single time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.