20 Years...oh how things change...

PannickAtTheDisco

So we started this century off with a 1-1 draw at Crewe in front of 10,000 (they get less than half that now), with Lee Crooks scoring. We started this decade with a 1-0 win in front of 12,000 folks at Middlesbrough in the FA Cup 3rd Round, a Benjani bonanza.

2 promotions and a relegation later we cemented our Premier League position, with some ups and downs until the dirge of Stuart Pearce took hold. A brief glimpse of hope ensued under Sven before staring into the financial abyss after an 8-1 defeat to Boro before we were saved by Sheikh Mansour. What has followed has been simply extraordinary...I've compiled some rough figures to show our progress over 20 years, what a remarkable change of fortunes it's been.

ENEiZSfXYAEu-8r

ENEiZSfWwAEs-SQ

Points calculated as if cup games had 3 points for a win etc.

That Middlesbrough match was one of the coldest I’ve ever been at. Snowed all day and night, at the top of the stand soaked with the sheeting broken letting the wind and sleet in on us.

That Middlesbrough match was one of the coldest I’ve ever been at. Snowed all day and night, at the top of the stand soaked with the sheeting broken letting the wind and sleet in on us.
We were on a minibus right behind a snow plough on the way up. Managed to miss the goal getting a beer just before half-time as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.