200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball Videobook MUST WATCH!

I adore a good conspiracy theory and spend many a happy hour watching them on YouTube etc.

Even I find the flat earth a bit of a stretch though (why not tel us? What is to be gained from this "conspiracy"? Etc)

I actually believe Eric dubay and other "flat earthers" are shills put there to discredit genuine investigations into other conspiracies.

And no way did we ever go anywhere near the moon.

That said Google " southern hemisphere flights" it's certainly weird that 99% of flights from , say , Australia to south America , take a detour of 1000's of miles into the northern hemisphere , making a 12 hour ,7000 Mile journey into a 24 hour 15000 mile journey.

Doesn't prove a flat earth of course and there is probably a good explanation but I can't think of one.
You do relise over 100,000 people worked in someway on the NASA moon landings. You're telling me over 100,000 people have kept it a secret for over 40 years? That's actually more impressive than the moonlandings itself.

For those wondering about flat Earth beliefs:

http://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Absolutely nuts they are.
Absolute lunatics, I especially like this bit;
'The earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back. This ice wall is what explorers have named Antarctica. Beyond the ice wall is a topic of great interest to the Flat Earth Society. To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall and returned to tell of their journey. What we do know is that it encircles the earth and serves to hold in our oceans and helps protect us from whatever lies beyond.'

Surley they don't believe that shit.
Unbelievable Jeff.

Forget any video or photo, flat earthers say every photo or video, whether from Nasa or anyone is a fake and has been altered just to perpetuate a myth. Forget all other celestial bodies being round, they are also really flat circles as well that all have been positioned to face earth apparently. Here are some reasons, I really havent got the energy for more than 12.

1. There are not one but two celestial poles. Flat earth cannot explain this.
2. Stars rotate around each celestial pole, N and S, in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS. Anticlockwise in the NH and clockwise in the SH. Flat earth cannot explain this.
3. At dusk and dawn when the sun is at the horizon, clouds are often illuminated by the sun FROM BELOW. Flat earth cannot explain this.
4. Hurricanes, large storms and other low pressure atmospheric systems always rotate anticlockwise in the NH and clockwise in the SH. Flat earth cannot explain this.
5. Foucault Pendulums precess in opposite directions - clockwise in the NH and anticlockwise in the SH. Additionally the amount of precession can be used to calculate the geographical latitude of where it is placed - it is proportional to the sine of the latitude. This cannot be explained by a flat earth.
6. The traces left by stars in time-lapse photography is not constant across the globe: at extreme N an S latitudes, star trails are almost exactly parallel to the horizon. At mid-latitudes they appear at various angles. At the equator they move at right angles to the horizon. This cannot be explained by a flat earth.
7. When a given celestial body such as the sun, moon or star is exactly on the horizon, it is at the same exact time necessarily at some other altitude at another distant place on earth. If at this random place said body is exactly overhead, for instance, the place is guaranteed to be one-quarter turn across the globe or almost exactly 10,000km away. This cannot be explained by a flat earth.
8. Coast to coast travel in Australia takes about four hours. But flat earth maps portray Australia as being some 8,000km wide. This travel time difference is not explained by the flat earth.
9. Flights from Chile to Australia take some 12 hours but the shortest-possible route on flat earth maps is some 25,000km long and no airliner in the world has the range to fly it non-stop, yet there are/were nonstop flights between those two countries. This difference is not explained by the flat earth.
10. Flights between South Africa and Australia take some 11 hours but shortest-possible route on flat earth maps is some 24,000km long and no airliner in the world has the range to fly it non-stop, yet there are nonstop flights between those two countries. This difference is not explained by the flat earth.
11. The higher the observer's elevation, the greater the distance from the observer to the horizon. At sea level one can see a few tens of km, but at say at 10km high in an airliner, anything in the order of hundreds of km is in view. Only things farther away than that are hidden below the horizon. Flat earth cannot explain this.
12. At any given time there are FOUR notable regions on the earth, two at high tide and two at low tide (high-low-high-low). The high tide/high tide and low tide/low tide regions are always diametrically opposed to each other on the globe. Flat earth cannot explain this.

I mean if your brain cant handle science you shouldnt get involved in scientific debates really. Our Spanish friend has absolutely no idea what a scientific theory is for start off, just for him and any other who is ill informed at best or disingenuous at worse...

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Respect for going to the trouble to post that.

I fear it's a wasted half hour.

I'd be more successful teaching my dog algebra than trying to convince these idiots.

Forget any video or photo, flat earthers say every photo or video, whether from Nasa or anyone is a fake and has been altered just to perpetuate a myth. Forget all other celestial bodies being round, they are also really flat circles as well that all have been positioned to face earth apparently. Here are some reasons, I really havent got the energy for more than 12.

1. There are not one but two celestial poles. Flat earth cannot explain this.
2. Stars rotate around each celestial pole, N and S, in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS. Anticlockwise in the NH and clockwise in the SH. Flat earth cannot explain this.
3. At dusk and dawn when the sun is at the horizon, clouds are often illuminated by the sun FROM BELOW. Flat earth cannot explain this.
4. Hurricanes, large storms and other low pressure atmospheric systems always rotate anticlockwise in the NH and clockwise in the SH. Flat earth cannot explain this.
5. Foucault Pendulums precess in opposite directions - clockwise in the NH and anticlockwise in the SH. Additionally the amount of precession can be used to calculate the geographical latitude of where it is placed - it is proportional to the sine of the latitude. This cannot be explained by a flat earth.
6. The traces left by stars in time-lapse photography is not constant across the globe: at extreme N an S latitudes, star trails are almost exactly parallel to the horizon. At mid-latitudes they appear at various angles. At the equator they move at right angles to the horizon. This cannot be explained by a flat earth.
7. When a given celestial body such as the sun, moon or star is exactly on the horizon, it is at the same exact time necessarily at some other altitude at another distant place on earth. If at this random place said body is exactly overhead, for instance, the place is guaranteed to be one-quarter turn across the globe or almost exactly 10,000km away. This cannot be explained by a flat earth.
8. Coast to coast travel in Australia takes about four hours. But flat earth maps portray Australia as being some 8,000km wide. This travel time difference is not explained by the flat earth.
9. Flights from Chile to Australia take some 12 hours but the shortest-possible route on flat earth maps is some 25,000km long and no airliner in the world has the range to fly it non-stop, yet there are/were nonstop flights between those two countries. This difference is not explained by the flat earth.
10. Flights between South Africa and Australia take some 11 hours but shortest-possible route on flat earth maps is some 24,000km long and no airliner in the world has the range to fly it non-stop, yet there are nonstop flights between those two countries. This difference is not explained by the flat earth.
11. The higher the observer's elevation, the greater the distance from the observer to the horizon. At sea level one can see a few tens of km, but at say at 10km high in an airliner, anything in the order of hundreds of km is in view. Only things farther away than that are hidden below the horizon. Flat earth cannot explain this.
12. At any given time there are FOUR notable regions on the earth, two at high tide and two at low tide (high-low-high-low). The high tide/high tide and low tide/low tide regions are always diametrically opposed to each other on the globe. Flat earth cannot explain this.

I mean if your brain cant handle science you shouldnt get involved in scientific debates really. Our Spanish friend has absolutely no idea what a scientific theory is for start off, just for him and any other who is ill informed at best or disingenuous at worse...

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
Here, fucking here. Science 1 nut jobs 0

Respect for going to the trouble to post that.

I fear it's a wasted half hour.

I'd be more successful teaching my dog algebra than trying to convince these idiots.

In a way I suppose it might be, your dog probably has a better grasp on science. It was quite good to do, been a while since I actually studied or looked at this sort of stuff, so it was a mini refresher and I copy and pasted the air flight facts at the end.

The problem is his video makes some points that on the face of things can be taken as true (and some others that are blatant bollocks), but most of the 'observations' are based on the earth being like a snooker ball with no blemishes, where as the reality is the earth's surface is far from smooth.

Dont know why he is picking on Damo though, a former banned user methinks. I mean Damo hasnt been the same since Michael Jackson dressed him up in a St Pepper jacket and carried him around everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.