2009 Albums you really should listen to.

Passion Pit - Manners
Air France - No Way Down
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - eponymous
The Longcut - Open Hearts
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus

Only heard a few tracks off 'Seek Magic' by Memory Tapes but it sounded great too. Lots of other good ones already mentioned (the cribs, Jay-z, ian brown, doves etc)

Already excited about next year too, looking forward to stuff from Delphic, The Good Natured, Alex Metric, Beach House, The Depreciation Guild and lots of others, 2010 should be a cracking year for music.

King Midas Sound - Waiting For You
sublime mix of dubstep, roots, oldsckool, shaped into blissful, hart-rending dancehall songs.

Fever Ray - Fever Ray
pitch black, yet emotionally charged electronic songs from one half of the knife

Pendle Coven - Self Assessment
pared back to the bone, stunning hybrids of minimal techno and electro, deep bass music that is made to fill the space between your ears time after time

Mew - No More Stories
hugely absorbing and emotionally devastating album, visceral, catchy yet intellectual. call it pretentious, they don't care, and neither will you. 80's radio hits smashed into a million pieces, mixed up with post-punk and post-rock. it's really a lot more accessible than I'm making it sound.

Ben Frost - By The Throat
terrifying, raw, majestic, soulful, brutal, delicate, hair-raising deeply cinematic symphonies of electronica, and noise

des hardi said:
Sheikh n Bake said:
Pnau - PNAU
when were you in australia- pnau class easy techno for great weather. good call

I've never been to Australia, but I love some of Australia's electronic bands. Midnight Juggernauts, Cut Copy, Pnau and the Presets. All quality :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.