2010-2011 Manchester City 25's squad (edited)

milestone said:
bluemoonw.jpg

I made it on my own.
Thanks You Sheikh Mansour.Your my hero!

brilliant but that red U21 under Balotelli may well be wrong! Also you need to lose one - maybe RSC.

johnny crossan said:
brilliant but that red U21 under Balotelli may well be wrong! Also you need to lose one - maybe RSC.

?

Balotelli is under 21, therefore does not count as part of the 25.

Ducky_ said:
johnny crossan said:
brilliant but that red U21 under Balotelli may well be wrong! If so you need to lose one - maybe RSC.
?
Balotelli is under 21, therefore does not count as part of the 25.

ps see <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=183296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=183296</a>

another look at milestone's great pic

bluemoonw.jpg

First 25:
Keepers: Given, Hart, Taylor
Defenders: Richards, Onuoha, Boateng, Kompany, Lescott, K Toure, Kolarov, Bridge, Zabaleta

Midfield: Silva, A Johnson, Barry, De Jong, Y Toure, SWP, Ireland, Vieira/Milner

Forwards: Tevez, Robinho, Adebayor, Bellamy, Santa Cruz

Senior U21s:
Defenders: Boyata, Cunningham, Vidal, Helan
Midfielders; Weiss, Ibrahim,
Strikers: Nimely, Guidetti, Balotelli (?)

Scrap Heap:
Goalkeepers: Gonzales,
Defenders: Garrido, Shaleum Logan
Strikers: Caicedo, Jo

If we sign Milner, we could just use Vieira in cup games, and for experience, and leave him out the squad. Also, tehre's no real point putting Johnson in until January, as he is unlikely to be back until Nov/Dec time.

hesherehesthere said:
First 25:
Defenders: Richards, Onuoha, Boateng, Kompany, Lescott, K Toure, Kolarov, Bridge, Zabaleta

Midfield: Silva, A Johnson, Barry, De Jong, Y Toure, SWP, Ireland, Vieira/Milner

Senior U21s:

Scrap Heap:

If we sign Milner, we could just use Vieira in cup games, and for experience, and leave him out the squad. Also, tehre's no real point putting Johnson in until January, as he is unlikely to be back until Nov/Dec time.

Onuha, Robinho and Santa Cruz will definitely be moved out IMO.

mad zab said:
hesherehesthere said:
First 25:

Senior U21s:

Scrap Heap:

Onuha, Robinho and Santa Cruz will definitely be moved out IMO.

We had basically the same starting 25 but I haven't yet included Balotelli or Milner in mine, so Robinho, Onuoha & Santa Cruz all make the starting 25. Those players only need to be moved out IF we bring in further players. We likely need Balotelli but I don't see a need for Milner at this point unless we move out someone in the midfield and have him as a replacement.

I also think Garrido could possibly stay with Bridge moving on to Liverpool as has been suggested as Garrido was a big influence on David Silva coming in.

ltr said:
To add to the fun, 8 of the 25 must fall under the homegrown rule as having spent 3 years or more under 21 at an English or Welsh club or academy. From the proposed list of 25, the following meet the requirements:

Joe Hart
Stuart Taylor
Micah Richards
Wayne Bridge
Joleon Lescott
Stephen Ireland
Adam Johnson
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Gareth Barry
Craig Bellamy

Shay Given may also qualify, depends on his birthday and such which I didn't calculate.

So there is plenty of room to drop one or two, add one or two and still meet the rules without even having to add any u21s to meet requirements.

Shay wasn't English/Welsh trained, he came through at Celtic.

danburge82 said:
ltr said:
To add to the fun, 8 of the 25 must fall under the homegrown rule as having spent 3 years or more under 21 at an English or Welsh club or academy. From the proposed list of 25, the following meet the requirements:

Joe Hart
Stuart Taylor
Micah Richards
Wayne Bridge
Joleon Lescott
Stephen Ireland
Adam Johnson
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Gareth Barry
Craig Bellamy

Shay Given may also qualify, depends on his birthday and such which I didn't calculate.

So there is plenty of room to drop one or two, add one or two and still meet the rules without even having to add any u21s to meet requirements.

Shay wasn't English/Welsh trained, he came through at Celtic.

Actually Shay may qualify as he turned 18 in the year that he joined Sunderland in 1994 and played 3 years until age 21 with them. The rule states that the player needed to have been under 18 in the year that the competition began, so while he was already 18 when he joined Sunderland due to his birthday being on April 20, he was under 18 in that year when he was finishing up at Celtic. I guess it all comes down to how the rule is interpreted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.