2011 Albums Of The Year

MCFC1993 said:
1.Drake - Take Care

Nothing this year comes close for me!

Congrats!

drakerio1.jpg

Radiohead - King of Limbs
The Japanese Popstars - Controling Your Allegiance. Best Irish album this year.
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys
The Strokes - Angles
Friendly Fires - Pala
Kasabian - Velocriptor - has grown on me didnt like it at first not as good as others.
Jay Z and Kanye West - Watch The Throne
Adele - 21

MCFC BOB said:
And from what I've heard of it so far, 'Hurry Up, We're Dreaming' by M83 is amazing.

The album is overblown and overlong and contains quite a few bad tracks. That said, the tracks which do matter leave nothing spared and, by utilising and harmonising so many different sounds, create an incredibly powerful atmosphere from which so many distinct emotions are brought out.

It's a challenging and accomplished work which deserves a lot of credit for going all out to move the listener. I'm not sure it conforms to much - its structure, its sound, they all urge transcendence.

nashark said:
MCFC BOB said:
And from what I've heard of it so far, 'Hurry Up, We're Dreaming' by M83 is amazing.

The album is overblown and overlong and contains quite a few bad tracks. That said, the tracks which do matter leave nothing spared and, by utilising and harmonising so many different sounds, create an incredibly powerful atmosphere from which so many distinct emotions are brought out.

It's a challenging and accomplished work which deserves a lot of credit for going all out to move the listener. I'm not sure it conforms to much - its structure, its sound, they all urge transcendence.
To be honest, I've only heard around 4 or 5 songs from it. I think they were 'Wait', 'Midnight City', 'Reunion' and 'Claudia Lewis' and one other I can't remember the name of.

Like I said the other day, 'Midnight City' is actually going to feature in my website's Top 40 Songs of 2011 countdown. Just listened to 'This Bright Flash' - wow.

All these nominations for Noel Gallagher... I can't believe how many user accounts CityKev28 has! Around half of my list was debut releases. You must support new music to ensure what you like has a future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.