I lost all feeling in my bum cheeks having sat in the cinema for 3 hours! (incl 400 trailers beforehand!)

Nothing a good editing wouldn't sort out. Plots are dragged on till kingdom come to squeeze every last bit out of them...they could have done this in 1.5 hours, easily. In fact, about ten minutes would have been better....

Earth's crust melts due to global warming/sun flash thing
Earth crumbles, everyone dies, apart from about a million(!) people who all can fit on a large scale version of Thunderbird 2, as long as they can get to China in time
World goes bonkers, everywhere floods, big fat TB2 sails the oceans until Africa rises from the water -everyone goes and lives there happily ever after.

*yawn*
Made by the same team who brought you
Independence Day
Day After Tomorrow

etc etc [insert name of identical 'the world is going to end' disaster movie]

I loved it. Went into it in the mindset im gonna see some bloody good action scenes, and I wasnt disappointed.

I didnt go into it for the script or cast. If you get into that mindset you wont be disappointed.

shadygiz said:
its a disaster movie...you cant really expect much of a storyline with these genre of films...take it for what it is and enjoy

I prefer apacolypse movies, especially Zombie ones! There is just something about zombies and people with shotguns and a half-thought out plan that is awesome!

Watched it last night. It's your typical block buster: cliched (eg. crappy divorced dad gets his family back by saving the world), content lacking etc.

I think it is worth watching tho just for the visual FX. They really are amazing.

It's also worth it just to see the Vatican get destroyed ;)

Oh, and to see the White House get destroyed by one of its own War ships

Order of release of Emmerich films:

Independence Day
Godzilla (two fantasy sci-fi movies)
Day After Tomorrow
2012 (two movies based on current theories)

Order of realistic plot line in Emmerich films:

Independence Day
Godzilla
Day After Tomorrow

And that includes the scene in ID where aliens somehow use a DOS based computer.

Damocles said:

Independence Day
Day After Tomorrow

Independence Day
Godzilla
Day After Tomorrow

And that includes the scene in ID where aliens somehow use a DOS based computer.

lol Is that with Independence Day being the most realistic and 2012 being the least?

I know a few people that are 100% convinced the world is going to end or whatever on 12-21-12. I'm planning on betting them all 1,000 dollars we're still here the next day.

Damocles said:

Independence Day
Day After Tomorrow

Independence Day
Godzilla
Day After Tomorrow

Apple??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.