2019 Ballon d'Or Nominees (5 City players nominated)

My reaction was similar at Riad Mahrez and not David Silva or even Leroy Sane to be honest.
Are you serious ? Riadh won the AFCON and has been putting in great performances since then. Sane did not play consistently last season and Germany has not been brilliant since the world cup. As for David, his performance dipped in the second half of last season and he has not looked like his old self ever since; his international retirement did not do him any favor either.

It is just a biased media bollocks as usual, they could have waited until the full list was put out.

They could, but for a news website to not report what was being released as it was being released would have looked a bit odd. They had the people in already for the Arsenal match.

Why is Lloris on there? Fabianski been a much better keeper. And I am sure there are other PL keepers better than him this season.

Why is Lloris on there? Fabianski been a much better keeper. And I am sure there are other PL keepers better than him this season.
Well the nominees were chosen by French journalists, and he's a French player who captained his club to a CL final, which is the type of thing they value for these awards. They also released a statement saying Neymar was excluded partially due to his desire to leave PSG in the summer, so definite French biases were at play here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.