21/22 Early Leavers

I've never understood why people get so worked up about early leavers/empty seats, just because some rival fans will take the piss? As long as I am there with my Dad I couldn't care less whether there are 50000 fans or 50.

The same applies to people complaining about other fans that don't make enough noise or 'being boring'. We all love our club - some people just enjoy it in different ways. It doesn't make any one fan better than another. It's not your ticket and you have no right to dictate what other fans do with it. *Let people do what they want, it's not harming anybody.

*Obviously doesn't apply to people being abusive, selfish pricks smoking in the toilets or just general anti-social behaviour - these people should be called out.
It’s got nothing to do with rival fans and everything to do with supporting the team.

Perhaps try and understand how the players must feel after a fantastic victory to be greeted with an empty stadium. Just a thought.
exactly , we are supporters first and foremost

the players must think that 50% of us don’t give a fuck and would rather save 15 -20 mins of their valuable time rather than show our appreciation

It’s got nothing to do with rival fans and everything to do with supporting the team.

exactly , we are supporters first and foremost

the players must think that 50% of us don’t give a fuck and would rather save 15 -20 mins of their valuable time rather than show our appreciation
It works both ways, it has been a long time since Hart, Lescott and Kompany would applaud the away fans even after a a defeat.

It works both ways, it has been a long time since Hart, Lescott and Kompany would applaud the away fans even after a a defeat.
It’s slightly different away as they should show their appreciation of the extra effort people have gone to

Our shit transport network is to blame for a lot of this.
I say rubbish. It’s in the mentality of so many that they have to ‘beat the traffic’. Old Trafford in the 1960s was the worst place for early leaving. That always had a good transport infrastructure with regular trains from Warwick Road station to Altrincham, Oxford Road, and Wilmslow. There were trains from the United Station. There were plenty of buses but people still left after 65 minutes.

Imagine if people did that in the theatre? Ten minutes before Poirot or Miss Marple unmasked the killer, people would be away to ‘beat the traffic’.

How many left early at Wembley against Gillingham when 2-0 down or at the Etihad against Bayern Munich when 2-1 down? There was the match against Villareal when City won with a goal in the fifth minute of added time.

I am puzzled rather than critical. What do people do with the 15-minutes that they did not have to wait for a bus or the 30-minutes gained from catching an earlier train?

I say rubbish. It’s in the mentality of so many that they have to ‘beat the traffic’. Old Trafford in the 1960s was the worst place for early leaving. That always had a good transport infrastructure with regular trains from Warwick Road station to Altrincham, Oxford Road, and Wilmslow. There were trains from the United Station. There were plenty of buses but people still left after 65 minutes.

Imagine if people did that in the theatre? Ten minutes before Poirot or Miss Marple unmasked the killer, people would be away to ‘beat the traffic’.

How many left early at Wembley against Gillingham when 2-0 down or at the Etihad against Bayern Munich when 2-1 down? There was the match against Villareal when City won with a goal in the fifth minute of added time.

I am puzzled rather than critical. What do people do with the 15-minutes that they did not have to wait for a bus or the 30-minutes gained from catching an earlier train?
No idea but sure there's reason behind it all & I guess getting home to beat the traffic is a high percentage of the reasons.
I always stay until it's finished, I then wait and take my time, I'm never in a rush.
However I have no kids or partner and I realise others lead more busier lives than I do.

In the old days local kids would wait outside the gates at Maine Rd for them to open at three quarter time so they could see the last quarter for free. Being the area it was local kids often didn't have the money to see the whole game. Does this still happen at the Etihad and O T or have all seater stadiums ended this practice. ?

In the old days local kids would wait outside the gates at Maine Rd for them to open at three quarter time so they could see the last quarter for free. Being the area it was local kids often didn't have the money to see the whole game. Does this still happen at the Etihad and O T or have all seater stadiums ended this practice. ?
The bombings in 2015 and/or 2016 kind of put pay to that, the main gates don't open early. Used to get the odd people wander down the aisles he assumed has just come in.

All this creates is Blue on Blue, people can do what they want if they want to stay to the end or go early its up to the individual, but what wont be good if this starts problems between supporters, someone decides to leave and then gets confronted, not good for anyone, I for one dont like seeing Blue on Blue. Stick Together.

Most of the team did an entire lap around the pitch after Norwich, just nobody bothered to stay and see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.