21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may well be right, but that “clown” trains with the first team, plays for it when needed, has played for his country (Spain, not Dumbfuckistan!) at all age levels and currently pulls down 7 figures a year for “clowning!”

Does Bill Smarts Circus pay that well?

I‘d venture he might have a few words for your lot in life, given the chance to dissect it from afar with little knowledge of the work you do.
Stick to the windy city cock

He's technically ok but its another converted midfielder being asked to play left full back. Of all the attempts, only Delph really adapted to the defensive side and he was sometimes caught out of postion. Look how much better we are with Ake, an actual defender.

Gomez will never make it here as a full back and he isnt good enough to take a midfield spot.
Spot on. I hope the lad goes on to have a great career. Pep has said himself recently that he figured out he needed proper defenders not midfields who can’t defend. Ake/Akanji are both brilliant at stopping attacks. The change brought balance to the team and helped us defend with the big fella upfront. I would be shocked if we went back to attacking fullbacks.

Gritty hard to beat city is my preference going forward.

We just dont need this type of fullback anymore for the exact problems highlighted.

He physically will never be a good enough defender, neither with Rico Lewis in this wide CB system.

His future is elsewhere as a LB or as a midfielder here.

Simply not at our level at this time, he needs regular game time and needs a lot of time in the gym to get considerably stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.