21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Had a stinker at Southampton in the Carling cup and his career never got back on track.

Looked great for the Spanish U21s, great delivery into the box so hopefully he will carve out a great career for himself at a club which values that skill set more. Sociedad on paper looks a great choice.

Shame he never got a chance here, and next year you would think more than ever, we need to fill the squad out a bit. Let’s hope there are a couple of incomings on the horizon.
Nobody emerged from that game basked in glory (or having had a moderate game). Looked great at many U21 games. Needs a year or more development and game time. Good luck to the lad. Welcome back, when he's first team starting material.

We don't need the buy-back clause (I'd be astonished if we activated it), but the sell-on is shrewd. Real are getting a decent player at a bargain basement price. Would not surprise me if his value went up sharply in Spanish La Liga.
unless the buyback is at a reasonable figure, we can buy back and sell on.

Though the lad was never a LB, I'm sure he will do well back in Spain.

Were Everton or Villa after him?
Don't think so ?
I was referring to the "swap deal" that Everton & Villa recently made, where they both paid £9 million for a former academy player of the opposite team.
It looked suspicious, that both were valued at the exact same amount...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.