21 years ago today......

Was my grandfathers funeral that day
I remember my dad saying to my uncle (a rag fan) something along the lines of it would be good to see little old city get back up as their fans have been through a lot and he said no it wouldn’t fuck them
Sounds like a nice guy. Has he got a pair of zebra patterned trackies?

I was, believe it or not, in Abu Dhabi that day. I was out there doing an installation for a couple of weeks. What a session I had in the old Abu Dhabi Sheraton bar that night, drunkenly belting out Blue Moon with a bar band who's lead singer was from Liverpool, no less. I remember him saying; "Great that a club of City's stature is back in the Premier League. Although they will never be as big as the mighty Liverpool of course..." I think I told him to fuck off. Not sure though. I was a happy boy anyway.
Little did I know how Abu Dhabi would be such a huge part of our future then...

Last edited:
Great day. Went early without a ticket and was resigned to going on the hill but got 3 tkts in Jack Walker stand for £250 from doorman at a nearby pub about 15mins before K.O. Worth every penny....blues everywhere as the goals went in, realistically Rovers shouldve been out of sight before the Goat scored.Less than 18mths earlier we'd been floundering mid table in 3rd tier. Will always have time for Joe Royle.

Fucking mental how many times Blackburn hit the woodwork. One of the few games I can remember when we've truly been lucky to win a match. One if the best away days ever!

Me and my brother were in the away end, if there was one that day, under the scoreboard. We can be seen in the huge picture the Daily Mirror had the next day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.