24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows what's his injury status? Can't find anything about Kovacic injury also? Long term, short term?
kova is ready to come back. joško is out for two/three weeks, ankle ligament injury :/ stupid timing.

I've been meaning to do this post for a while because I find it hard to understand why some people are so against him, but first I'd like to talk about Nathan Ake, who plays in the same position as him: left-back.

Ake is the most underrated defender in the world, as much by commentators and fans of other Premier League teams as by our own fans. Ake is unquestionably in the top 3 of the world's best left-backs, along with Real Madrid's Ferland Mendy and Bayern Munich's Alphonso Davies. He is extremely complete, very strong defensively and quite good offensively. He's also very good as a central defender. So you can understand the high esteem I have for this player. Now let's look back at his first season. We hardly saw him play at all because he was either injured or just not up to scratch. Then he hung in there and worked his way up to the level he's at today.

Josko's first season was so much better than Nathan's first season that I'm not really worried about his future. His first season as a left back is far better than Cancelo's, for example, and even Walker's, who has become a monster and a benchmark today. It's much more complicated to establish yourself on the flanks at City than in central defence. Haven't you noticed that our central defenders have all made a name for themselves in their first year? (Laporte, Dias, Akanji) but that those who play on the flanks need time to adapt (Cancelo)?

Josko is very good in his first year and if he hadn't cost 100 million everyone would be raving about him.

I’m not sure he’s had one good game yet. Gives it away a lot & under hits the ball so much when passing

He is so sloppy in possession. I can barely remember a single game where he hasn’t played at least one crazy/dangerous pass. We all know there’s a player in there but he’s been a bit underwhelming so far.

First game in 7 weeks...
some players don’t get the right to be rusty after an injury, others do. are you as surprised as i am? :D

gvardiol’s biggest fan above you says he didn’t have a single good game though, i bet he missed joško during his injury :D

still had 94% pass accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.